Saturday, May 25, 2013

{ I'll Never Forget }
Blog Every Day in May




I'm working on playing a bit of catch up on the Blog Every Day in May challenge. May 25th's prompt was to share something, good or bad, that someone had told you about yourself that you'll never forget. Mine takes us all the way back to the mid 2000s. Back to when myspace (do you remember myspace?) was all the rage and I spent every spare moment updating my profile and what not.

Well, in my myspace days, I would make use of the blogging feature (was it the bulletins? or the notes? I don't remember) similarly to how I use this blog, except I didn't share pictures...but my thoughts were often written down and shared with the masses...or at least my handful of myspace friends.

One day, I found one of my cousins I hadn't seen in a long time and friended him. When he didn't readily accept my friend request, I sent him a message telling him who I was. Well, he responded back telling me how it had slowly dawned on him who I was as he was looking at my page. Then he said that he had read my blogs I had posted and that I was a great writer. That compliment is still one of my favorites that I've ever received. It was genuine and it really encourages me as I write. I'll never forget it!

What has someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget?







No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs