Saturday, April 13, 2013

Check Me Out

For those of you who read blogs in a reader and don't get a chance to see the old blog, a few changes have occurred around here.

First, I got a lovely new blog design. I went to Designer Blogs where they have a $15 section of premade templates. All you have to do is pay and you get your new design immediately! It was perfect for me. It let me update the design with minimal work and have something I love. They also have a premade section where they do some personalizing with blog buttons and the like for $50. But, if you're wanting something for a low cost, this is your place. Best ones I've found...the hardest part - picking which one to buy!

And once I had my new blog design, I of course needed a new blog button. You can find that on the right hand side! Feel free to take it home with you. :)

I found another great resource too! Carrie Loves has FREE social media icons! And she has a ton of gorgeous colors to pick from! It's totally worth the time to check them out and download any you might need. I'm in love with them!

Finally, I've spent a lot of time getting my reader situation all straightened out. Knowing that google reader is going away, I decided it was time to clean everything up. Since getting an iPhone I've been using feedler, which has been sufficient, but I wasn't in love with. Now, I'm trying out feedly and bloglovin'. I love them both for different reasons.

Feedly is great on the phone. I have all of the blogs I follow categorized. Healthy blogs, food blogs, mommy blogs, must reads, etc. This allows me to pick what I'm wanting to read at a certain time. Feedly supports these categories, allowing me to use them to their full potential on the phone. Plus, the interface is just gorgeous. Bloglovin' doesn't allow me to read by categories on the phone app and that I can find and I don't like it. I have a feeling I'm going to rely on Feedly when I'm reading on the phone.

But, I also like Bloglovin', and it's strengths come into play when I'm reading blogs on the computer. It has a next button that allows you see the blog itself. This allows you to comment without leaving Bloglovin'. Google Reader had a next button that I really liked and I'm glad to see that it in Bloglovin'. Feedly lacks a next button so I'm not sure I'm going to use it as much on the computer.

The real issue I see coming up, is that these two aren't connected so if I read something in Bloglovin' it doesn't necessarily show up that I read it in Feedly and vice versa. So, I'm not sure long term what's going to happen. If either one begins supporting the other feature, I'll go with that. We'll see what happens!

So, that brings me too, you can now follow me on Bloglovin'! That pretty circle to the right with the "B" and the heart in it takes you to Unscripted Journey on Bloglovin'!

Well, I think that's everything. I hope y'all have a great day...and look...I've already posted more this month than I've done the rest of the year...I'm feeling so much better! It's amazing how good blogging is for my soul!



No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs