Friday, April 19, 2013

{ Book Review }
Paper Roses (Texas Dreams, #1)
by Amanda Cabot



Amazon: $14.40 new
Kindle: $9.99
Kindle Prime Lending Library: Free

What the back cover says:
The future stretches out in front of Sarah Dobbs like the pure blue Texas sky. Leaving the past behind in Philadelphia, mail-order bride Sarah arrives in San Antonio ready to greet her groom, Austin Canfield, a man she has never met but whose letters have won her heart from afar. But there is one problem--he has died. And Sarah cannot go back East. 

As Sarah tries to reconcile herself to a future that is drastically changed, Austin's brother, Clay, struggles with his own muddled plans. Though he dislikes working on the family ranch and longs for a different life, Clay is driven to avenge his brother's death. But something between them is growing and neither Clay nor Sarah is ready to admit it. 

Book 1 of the Texas Dreams series, "Paper Roses" will sweep readers into the Hill Country with a tale of love and loss, closed doors and beautiful possibilities that will leave them wanting more.



What I thought:
I read this book awhile back, but I'm going to go ahead and review it. My memory might not be perfect on it, but I'll do the best I can.

I'll start by saying this is the first book I've read by Amanda Cabot and I was thoroughly impressed. I fully intended to read the rest of the series. For those of you who like Janette Oke's book, Amanda Cabot's style is similar. It's easy to read, it's not too preachy, but by the end of the book you feel a little closer to God. Sarah calls the letters that Austin Canfield wrote her "paper roses". In some ways this book feels like a paper rose from God. But, that's not too much the point.

I found myself enraptured in the story of Sarah. From the time she arrived in the Texas Hill Country I was curious about her story, why was she there? And then, you find out her intended fiancé has been murdered, who did it? Clay Canfield is sullen and seems to dislike Sarah, why? This book is a love story and a murder mystery in one. If you enjoy Christian fiction, you should enjoy this book. Definitely give it a read!





No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs