Friday, January 4, 2013

The Weightloss Diaries { vol 4 }




Starting Weight: 236 lbs. October 15, 2012
Current Weight: 227.5 lbs. Today
Total Weightloss: 8.5 lbs lost.
Goal Weight: 132 lbs.

Wow...I made it through the holidays with a weight loss!!  Let's talk about it!

Week 1: NO Fast Food
I've really been working hard...but not working at all on this one. Hubs and I talked about this after he suggested fast food the other day. I haven't been eating any fast food. Like, not a single bite in the past few weeks. None. And no temptation even. But, I know in my heart of hearts, the second I eat fast food, it's going to be all I can think about. So, we're not even going to try it. No fast food. And he's wonderfully and graciously accepted it. The man is wonderful! I'm VERY happy with how this part is going!
Week 2: Only 1 Coke a Day
I have still been sticking to just one coke a day, but I'm starting to get a little lax mentally with it. I'm not having more than one coke a day, but it's kind of been by accident. I haven't been intentional with it. Maybe it's starting to become habit? That would be awesome. But, I'd like to stay a little more intentional with this so I don't slip up!
Week 3: Drink 2 Bottles of Water a Day
Eep...this needs some work...I was getting there, but have slipped off the wagon a bit. Starting today, me and water are going to become best buddies!
Week 4: Eat out only 1 day per week.
Week 5: No Eating after 8PM.

This week I'm going to start actively working on Week 3's goal. I can't wait!

Other Goal 1: Read Made To Crave
I've started reading it. And it's AMAZING! Seriously, my thinking on food is starting to change!! I can't wait to keep reading it!
Other Goal 2: Read Low GI Book. 
I've been a little lax on this goal, focusing instead on the spiritual aspect of my weight loss journey. I think this will be postponed again until after the spring semester of school ends.
Other Goal 3: Take "Before" pictures
Other Goal 4: Take "Before" measurements
Other Goal 5: Create an eating plan for the semester before school starts.

Let's take a look at how I did for Christmas:

Christmas Goal 1: Portion Control is of the utmost importance. I don't want to eat in one meal what I should eat in 2 or 3. If I want more food, I can always get more when I'm hungry again. Also, at Thanksgiving I ate a very reasonable amount of food and I found I enjoyed the food much more than if I had eaten gluttonously. It was like each bite was more special.
I did great on this. I ate my food and didn't gorge myself. Very successful indeed!!!
Christmas Goal 2: Only eat one roll. I had 2 at Thanksgiving and fact of the matter is, the second roll just wasn't worth it.
I did great on this too! I only ate my one roll and it was delicious!! 
Christmas Goal 3: Preferably NO cokes but DEFINITELY no more than ONE. I don't want to go "hog-wild."
And, I was successful again! I didn't have any cokes on Christmas Day!

Wow. I have a lot more to say about the holidays! I wanted to stick to my standard format, but there is so much to this weight loss and I'm SOOOO proud of it! You see, the Friday after Thanksgiving we had friends from North Carolina come in town. They were here for almost a week and we were going and eating out like crazy. When they got there, I had already learned I'd lost weight through Christmas day and I wasn't in the mood to sabotage myself, so I stuck to my guns the whole time they were here! We went for pizza, I ate a salad with my pizza. We went to Zea, I skipped the corn grits (SO HARD!) and went for soup (the least healthy thing I ate!), salad and broccoli. When fast food was on the menu, I went for left overs in the fridge instead. I even managed to control how many beignets I had! And, best of all, limited myself to just one, small slice of king cake. Boy was that hard! But, I did it. The whole time, I kept telling myself, I'm not going to sabotage myself. I'm not going to let all my hard work go to wast, and here we are. With a weight LOSS during the holidays and essentially vacation! I'm so proud of myself!

I've also set myself up for success through next week. I went grocery shopping and have planned some healthy dinners! Pizza night to be supplemented with veggies. Delicious soups that have veggies in them. Taco salad for myself on taco night. Healthy snacks and a desire to change for the future. I know I'm going to do it! This time is going to be different!!

Finally, I decided on my first weight loss reward. Once I've lost an additional 20-25 pounds, I'm going to go jean shopping. But, I'm going to go get some nice jeans. The jeans I've never owned because their expensive. But, I'm going to get a pair. You see, at that weight loss point, I'll have finally dropped into "regular" sizes from "plus" sizes for the first time in YEARS. It's going to be quite a celebration! There'll be plenty more weight loss to go, but I'll look good doing it! I'm really excited for this goal!




No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs