Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A New Semester

There are so many things to tell y'all and hopefully I can start blogging at least once a week - on Wednesday afternoons, like tonight. Now, it's time to get you caught up on  life. Nothing life changing is going on but, life is still happening. So, here we go.

I guess first we'll talk about school because that's really the biggest thing going on in my life. Actually, that will probably be the extent of this post because I have oh so much to say!

Way back in November I set up the perfect schedule. It looked something like this:

  • 10:00AM - 10:50AM, MWF, Sociology - The Family
  • 11:00AM - 11:50AM, MWF, Sociology - Perspectives on Women, Gender and Sexuality
  • 12:00PM - 12:50PM, MWF, English - Gender and Fairy Tales
  • 1:00PM - 1:50PM, MWF, Women and Gender Studies (WGS) - Intro to WGS
  • 6:00PM - 8:45PM, W, French - Basic French II
This schedule was perfect. And then I realized, I was the only person who was signing up for that French class. I quickly saw the writing on the wall and dropped the class. Because I KNEW I would never go to school for just one class on Tuesday/Thursday for French, I added another class as well, Ethics. 

And then I went to all of my class.

And started panicking.

There was no way I was going to be able to do all of the work required for this class! NO WAY. I had 6 or 7 papers I would be writing and over 500 pages a week of reading to do. The numbers didn't work. I wasn't going to be able to do it all. So, I quickly came up with another plan.

First, I dropped French and Ethics. I couldn't drop one and not the other and those were the most flexible ones to drop. So, they both went adios. And then I added Urban Transit History in the Wednesday night slot.

And it was perfect.

And exactly like the original schedule.

And I'm SO excited for the class. I took History of New Orleans with the professor last semester and really enjoyed his class. Now, this class is a little different as it's a 4000 level course (Senior level) and this professor is very laid back with his class. There are NO tests (yay!) but a couple of papers. But, all of the information is based on your interests. For instance, his syllabus is incomplete and will be filled in with readings that pertain to students interests. So, I really think I'm going to enjoy this class.

The funny thing though, by adding this class I'll have 15 hours in history courses on my transcript. That's one course short of a minor...guess I'll at least get that. But, that got me to thinking...maybe I'll double major.  I'm almost halfway there...so, I'm going to go talk to an adviser soon about that. See if it's worth it. But really, why not?

So, there's my school life currently. As you  might have seen on Instagram - I'm already studying like a mad women. Hope y'all are doing well!

*****Also, a quick note to add. If you or someone you know is a college student and owns a Mac and/or iPhone, I have to suggest they look into the iStudiez app. (Sadly, it is not designed for Android.) Seriously, It is an amazing way to organize your college career and have it on the go. The Mac app is $10 and the iPhone app is $3 and worth EVERY penny!! Definitely check it out!!*****



No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs