Friday, December 21, 2012

The Weightloss Diaries { vol 3 }


Starting Weight: 236 lbs. October 15, 2012
Current Weight: 229.5 lbs. Today
Total Weightloss: 6.5 lbs lost.
Goal Weight: 132 lbs.

Now, let's take a look at how things have been going the past couple of the weeks.

Week 1: NO Fast Food
Wow. I'm trying to think about the past few weeks. I did treat myself to chicken nuggets and french fries from Chick-Fil-A after I finished with finals. It was a treat and it's all I had. I also had Wendy's while I was studying for finals. BUT, I skipped the hamburger and went for a salad and chili. Then, I ALMOST had fast food a couple days ago, Wendy's, but I didn't do it. I was on my way home from Whole Foods and I was so hungry and more than anything - thirsty. And I had more stops to make before going home, so I stopped at Wendy's. I was going to get 5 chicken nuggets and a tea. I was really controlling what I was going to get. But, when I ordered they told me they were out of tea! So, instead of going for the coke I just left. You see, I had a revelation in that moment. I was sitting in a car full of GOOD food and I was going to eat fast food? How absurd! So, I pulled a grocery bag up to the front seat and ate some grapes. They were nice and juicy so they were both a food and helped to quench my thirst. I managed to get home without further incident. The big deal about that decision is it was 7pm. I don't usually make good choices like that in the evening when I haven't been paying super attention all day. (Let's face it, I was AT Wendy's!)
Week 2: Only 1 Coke a Day
This has been interesting. It's really been an average. If we don't go out to eat, I'm generally not tempted to drink cokes. But, if we're eating out, I REALLY want a coke. I'm generally averaging one coke a day. Now that things are settling down a bit, I'm about to focus more on this goal again. The good news is, I haven't reverted to my old ways of drinking a ton of cokes. And I don't find that I'm really hankering for them for the most part. 
Week 3: Drink 2 Bottles of Water a Day
While I haven't been actively trying to do this, I have started on the right direction unintentionally. Since I'm not drinking a lot of cokes, when I get thirsty, I drink water. I also started keeping a spare bottle of water (I use Camel Backs for water) in the fridge so I always have the option of cold water. I REALLY prefer cold water. This has helped me to start drinking water more regularly.
Week 4: Eat out only 1 day per week.
Week 5: No Eating after 8PM.

I haven't been working too hard on my goals right now. But, I'm pretty proud of myself anyways. I haven't reverted back to eating a ton of fast food and drinking a bunch of cokes. My desire is to change my habits for life. That in a month I haven't gone back to the really bad decisions I used to make (and really, eating fast food multiple times a week and drinking a ton of cokes are both really bad decisions) makes me really happy. It says I'm starting to make lifestyle changes.

Other Goal 1: Read Made To Crave
I found my books!! They were in a box they weren't supposed to be in. But, what we're focusing on that it's all back! I am going to start reading it shortly now that it's here. I'm figuring after Christmas.
Other Goal 2: Read Low GI Book. 
I've read a chapter already. I'm reading it slowly, taking notes, highlighting, etc. I really want to take all the information in and learn it. And since I'm not to the point I'm wanting to apply it yet, there's no real rush. So, slowly and surely I'm reading away!
Other Goal 3: Take "Before" pictures
Other Goal 4: Take "Before" measurements
Other Goal 5: Create an eating plan for the semester before school starts.

The big goals for me regarding weightloss right now are regarding Christmas dinner. Here they are:

Christmas Goal 1: Portion Control is of the utmost importance. I don't want to eat in one meal what I should eat in 2 or 3. If I want more food, I can always get more when I'm hungry again. Also, at Thanksgiving I ate a very reasonable amount of food and I found I enjoyed the food much more than if I had eaten gluttonously. It was like each bite was more special.
Christmas Goal 2: Only eat one roll. I had 2 at Thanksgiving and fact of the matter is, the second roll just wasn't worth it.
Christmas Goal 3: Preferably NO cokes but DEFINITELY no more than ONE. I don't want to go "hog-wild."

So, there's the goals for Christmas. I will report back shortly! Do you have any goals for being healthy for Christmas dinner? Share them so we can all help each other stick to our goals!




No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs