Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Cotton Anniversary

Hubs and I at our Wedding!


Today the Hubs and I are celebrating our second wedding anniversary. While we may not worry much about the traditional wedding gifts, we still make sure to celebrate our anniversary in a way that is special to us. Today I'll give him a gift, he'll give me a gift. We'll have our favorite meal of the year (Morton's Steakhouse) and we're going to start a new tradition this year.

But, here I'm just going to say how lucky I am to have married the man of my dreams. The man whose company I enjoy more than any others. I have found someone I want to see every day for the rest of my life. In the last two years I've learned some things. I'm not a marriage expert, but here's what I know...


  • Make each other laugh. A shared laugh creates such a strong bond. Make funny faces. Have inside jokes. They all go a long way.
  • Forgive and Forget. Not matter what happens, no matter what we may argue about, we always forgive and we always forget. Holding a grudge is a wedge that will tear your marriage apart.
  • Stay up late giggling in bed with the lights off at least once a week. The nights we spend together giggling create a great bond as well.
  • Take an interest in their interest. It shows you care. I love nail polish. He loves baseball. We both learn about the other's interest and it shows that we care.
  • Take a date night together regularly. Put down the cell phones and focus on each other. It's important we disconnect with the world so that we can connect with each other. 
Sure there are more things I could add to this list, but these are my favorites. Some of my favorite moments are around one of these things.

I'm looking forward to another year married to this amazing man. And I can't wait to tell you all about our dinner at Morton's. Our reservation is for 7:30pm and I know it's going to be amazing!





No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs