Monday, November 5, 2012

Ten Secrets


Having struggled for the past couple of months trying to come up with things to blog about, I've finally started to figure somethings out to blog about! I'm starting today with the 10 Day You Challenge. Back a few months ago, this was all the rage and I never did it. Lucky me! So, here is day one of the 10 Day You Challenge: Ten Secrets.


{ one }
Although I live in New Orleans and love being here close to family, I know, and hubs knows, that this isn't where we want to live the rest of our lives. We know we'll miss our family and hate being further away from them but we both know, one day, in the future, we'll leave.


{ two }
While many would think that if we aren't going to live near his family we would live near mine that's not really the case either. As much as I love my family and my native state of Texas, we probably won't end up there either.


{ three }
I dream of living in a big city. Like New York City. Growing up in Texas in a small(er) town, I always imagined I would want to spend the rest of my life in a small town or even in the country. But, I've found I really love big cities and all they have to offer.


{ four }
I have a hard time finding a balance on things. Blogging for instance, I want to do it all. Post exactly like I should, twitter, instagram, pinterest, etc. Everything just the way to make my blog a "successful" blog. But, I know that isn't possible with everything else in my life. So, I spend a lot of time working hard to find a balance between the things I need to do, the things I love to do, want to do, etc.


{ five }
I've always wanted to write a novel or a play. And, I wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo this year but I looked at my schedule and realized that might not be the best plan I've ever hatched (see point four). So, I'm hoping that in a few years when I finish school I'll remember this and have a chance to try it!


{ six }
I want a tattoo. I don't usually say much about this because I was raised that they were wrong. But, I really like them. I want one in remembrance of my brother but, I can't really come up with something I love and where I want to put it. I'm thinking a Dalmatian on my shoulder blade, but I've yet to fall in love with something to the point of doing it.


{ seven }
Even though I'm less than one semester into my new major, I love it more than I ever would have thought. So much so that I've actually considered graduate school for the first time in my life. Now, it's just been a fleeting thought, but I absolutely love that I'm going the right direction with my life!


{ eight }
The hubs and I have always talked about how we plan to wait a few years before having kids and pretty much everyone knows I'm okay with it. But, I don't think most people are aware that I'm really happy waiting. Like, I don't have an ounce of baby fever. When other women talk about how much baby fever they have I just don't understand.


{ nine }
Because I've been struggling to blog, I've been looking for writing prompts and and challenges for inspiration. I have been blogging for almost two years (in just 4 DAYS!) and there are not many things I stick with like this. I really enjoy it and just because I'm experience a bit of writers block (boring life?) doesn't mean I'm ready to shut this blog down. Instead, I'll find a different way to go about blogging. I'll still be blogging about my life, instead, I'll just get a bit of inspiration!


{ ten }
I hate things that involve secrets. I never know quite what to put here. I'm pretty happy with this list, but geez, what a struggle it was!!


Alrighty, there are my ten secrets! I'm not going to be posting these every day, they're going to be mixed up with some other things, but you'll find out 9 of my loves in the coming days!








1 comment:

{kayleigh nikolai} said...

You could always move to Illinois. I hear some pretty fantastic people will be living there. ;)

I might do this too...seems like a fun idea and help me back into the blogging groove. :)

 
site design by designer blogs