Monday, July 30, 2012

FINALLY!

As you know last fall I tried to go to LSU for school. After a lot of drama with a transcript, that plan didn't work out and I ended up going to UNO for the fall semester.

Well, after a lot of waiting, following up, etc., I found out that I was accepted to LSU for the fall semester!!!!


Yes, FINALLY, I am going to get to pursue my education at the school I want to pursue it at! I am thrilled beyond words and can't wait to get up there...in 2 weeks.

Hubs and I applied for married student housing and got our first choice of apartments. Now has begun the crazy process of getting everything ready. All of our furniture we stored for the past 9 months? Too big. Read: we need all new furniture - in 2 weeks. Which is a lot of fun in the I get to pick it all out and move on from our hand-me-downs. But, it does kind of hurt to spend all of the money. But, you have to do what you have to do, right?

Our next two weeks are going to be crazy. Lots of shopping, packing and unpacking. I have orientation on August 16th. Classes start on August 20th and I want the house ready to go by orientation. And, we have to make a trip to Houston. The furniture we want is at Ikea and the one in Houston is the closest. So, we're renting a cargo van and driving over there. It also means I get to see my grandparents for a couple of days, which will be nice.

I can't believe that this is finally happening. I am just so excited. I don't even have the words to tell you. I could sum this whole post up in lines and lines of exclamation points, but as that would be boring, I'm just going to finish it up with this:







5 comments:

Kathy Schneider said...

Congratulations!!!

Melissa said...

Oh, my gosh! I'm super excited! So... i thought we'd be meeting in NOLA but i guess we'll be meeting in BR? After you're settled in & all that, i mean. :) I'm super excited! So your husband is going to school too? What are your majors going to be (i'm sorry if you already told me all this!).

YAY!

Holly said...

CONGRATS!!! That is such a great accomplishment and I am so happy for you!! I know you'll enjoy yourself there :)

texlilo said...

Congratulations! I am very excited for you.

texlilo said...

Congratulations! I am very excited for you.

 
site design by designer blogs