Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's a Hard-Knock Life

Recently, the hubs and I decided I needed to find a job outside of the home. I still have my reporting writing job, but for a number of reasons we decided it was important for me to have something to help bring in some extra income as well as a reason to leave the house during the week. It was something we knew would just help me out and us out.

So, one night a couple of weeks ago, I sent out my resume to 4 or 5 places and was going to keep looking, especially since I hadn't heard anything back yet. Right as I was about to sit down and get to work, I got a phone call on one of the original ones I sent out, they wanted me to come interview.

So, 10:00 AM on Tuesday last week, I went and interviewed with a local spa. I was told that I would hear back on Wednesday on their decision. After the interview, I felt like things had gone well and was ready to begin the wait patiently. I went to lunch with hubs and as we parted, I told him I planned on sending a thank-you email to my interviewer when I got back home.

I was never able to send that email.

At 2:00 PM on Tuesday I received a call (on my drive home), when could I start? I said as soon as you need me.

Wednesday at 8:30 AM, I showed up for work.

Yes, it was all a little quick.

So far, I'm really enjoying the job. It's easy, answer the phones, schedule appointments, set up the rooms for the massages and facials, etc. And it allows me a lot of down-time. And, my boss seems really nice, and really flexible. I'm very excited about the job.

Especially the perks.

I'm allowed to schedule massages at the spa in an open room with a massage therapist without going through the spa. That means, I just work out what to pay the massage therapist. Oh, and the same goes for manicures and pedicures. Yep, you guessed it, it's a rough job. But someone's got to do it.

And then, just to make sure I know about the products/services we're selling, I'm expected to get a massage or body treatment, manicure and pedicure and eventually a facial, on the house.

Like I said.

It's a hard job.

But, I'll do it.



2 comments:

Zara said...

Sounds like my kind of a job!
Congrats on getting out of the house. I know I'm starting to go nuts working from home! Especially when there are so many things to do around the house!

Melissa said...

Ha! That's awesome!! I like the perks of working at a cosmetology school... we get half off of hair stuff, pedi, mani, facials. Too bad there are no MASSAGES though!!! And too bad there's so much stress! LOL.

:) Congrats!

 
site design by designer blogs