Friday, June 29, 2012

Book Club Friday



Today I'm linking up for Book Club Friday to tell you about a book I've read recently. I've been wanting to do more reading and recently I've been doing somewhat better with it! Yay! Today, we're going for a little Nicholas Sparks. I LOVE reading Nicholas Sparks!


First of all, I specifically bought the not movie version cover of this book. As attractive as Zac Efron is here, I would rather him not grace the cover of my book. I like to imagine my characters freely and having to see the actor every time I open the book only hinders me from letting my imagination design the character. Do I sound like a book snob or what?

{The Back Cover Says:}
After U.S. marine Logan Thibault finds a photograph of a smiling young woman buried in the dirt during his tour of duty in Iraq, he experiences a sudden streak of luck, winning poker games and even surviving deadly combat. Only is best friend, Victor, seems to have an explanation for his good fortune: the photograph - his lucky charm.

Back home in Colorado,  Thibault can't seem to get the woman in the photograph out of his mind and sts out on a journey across the country to find her. But Thibault is caught off guard by the strong attraction he feels when his search leads him to Elizabeth, a divorced mother in North Carolina with a young son - and he keeps the story of the photo, and his luck, a secret. As he and Elizabeth embark upon a passionate love affair, Thibault's secret will soon threaten to tear them apart, destroying not only their love but also their lives.

Filled with tender romance and terrific suspense, The Lucky one is an unforgettable story about the surprising paths our lives often take and the power of fate to guide us to true and everlasting love.


{Betty Says:}
An easy, great read. Nicholas Sparks captivates you and then spins a story you can't put down. I loved the book. Now, I'll admit, there were a couple of changes made to the story for the movie and I may even like them but the book was still fabulous. Nicholas Sparks did a great job again! If you like a good love story, a Nicholas Sparks novel, or if you are just looking for a good, easy read, definitely read this. It's amazing.




No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs