Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tomorrow...

...the hubs returns from a conference he's been attending for work this week!!

He left on Monday morning and headed to this conference leaving me alone for the week. Usually this is something I'm pretty good at handling. We did 2 years long distance so being apart for a week or less just doesn't get to me. Yes, I miss him, don't get me wrong. But, I do have a little bit of perspective, and I know it's just not the end of the world. I do some things I enjoy doing that he doesn't, see some of my girl friends guilt free, or study until all hours of the night knowing I'm not making him sleep on the couch. (Ah, living with the in-laws.) But, this time was a little different...

1) Our bed we ordered came in while he's been gone...so although my new, wonderful bed is only a mere 5 minutes away, I am still sleeping on a mattress on the floor. That kind of makes me sad. But, I don't want it without him...that would be even sadder...so, it's still at Wal-Mart, waiting for hubs to get home so we can go get it and enjoy it tremendously...together! :)

2) I haven't been able to talk to him a lot...well, because of number three...

3) I We, got sick on Sunday. A sore throat, runny nose, etc. sick. It's nothing that would kill either one of us, but I'll admit, I'm a big baby when I'm sick. Once I became a teenager, my parents, in an effort to make me more "independent", stopped taking care of me when I was sick. You see, they thought I needed to learn how to take care of myself for when I was a single girl, living alone. I can remember being about 16 and after swimming all day for the umpteenth day in a row, I got sick...like threw up all over the bathroom sick...it was probably just heat exhaustion, but after I threw up, my mom told me to eat some crackers and then go clean up the bathroom...and I probably wanted to do it sooner and not later because later it would be harder to clean. What was my mom doing? Watching T.V. Yeah, I was never really happy about that...So, now I'm a big baby, and hubs, wonderful, amazing man that he is, caters to me in this realm. When I'm sick, he really takes care of me and with no complaint. He'll run to the store to get me everything I want, picks me up countless plain double cheeseburgers from McDonald's and just generally listens to me whine about how bad I feel. Like I said, this man is amazing! It's one of the things I love more than anything about him! But, now that I've adjusted to having him there to take care of me, I really miss having him here to take care of me...what can I say, I'm now just a big baby. (Side note, when hubs is sick, I totally take care of him and cater to his every whim, I know how much I appreciate it and never complain about taking care of him!) Oh, and the sore throat made it very unpleasant to talk...so not much phone time for us because both of us had the same sore throat and didn't want to talk...

So, tomorrow the hubs is back....I'm SO excited! I'm feeling much better today (I actually left the house!) and I know he's feeling better! I know we're going to get our bed soon, and school is almost over for the semester. Then, next week (eek!) our friends are having their baby and things are going to settle down for just a minute! I'm so excited and can't wait! Have a great Wednesday!!!



******Also, I have many comments I am looking forward to responding to just as soon as the semester is over! I appreciate them all so much and haven't forgotten about you!*******




No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs