Monday, May 28, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

I'm trying to get back to blogging. It's been a little bit of a struggle recently because I just haven't felt like I had anything interesting to blog about. The first year was full of our adventures as newlyweds. But in time for our 1st anniversary we had moved in with his parents and we've been living a quieter life not traveling much and staying pretty quiet. Do you really want to read all about the photo editing sprees I'm on? And then, I had a rough semester at school and was pretty down and as you all know, it can be hard to blog when you're down. So, I just didn't know what to say. But, now I'm trying to figure it out! I feel so much better since I changed my major at school and let me tell you, when you feel better, things are awesome! So, on to the blog post...

***********************************************************************************

As you know a couple weekends ago was Mother's Day. For the weekend, hubs and I took off to Houston.

We were there for 2 reasons. First, my dad's best friend's mom had passed away and it was her memorial service. While I wasn't extremely close to her, I have very fond memories of her from my childhood. But mostly I was there for my Dad and his friend, whom I've known my entire life. I hadn't seen him, or his family in about 7 years so it was great to get to see them.  When I was in high school I would watch their daughter, Bethanie. Last time I saw her she was something like 6 or 7 years old. Now, she's a teenager! Eek! I couldn't even believe it! She's grown up so much and it was great to get to talk to her again. It made my day when I found out her favorite actor is Leonardo DiCaprio! (It's a mutual interest!)

Me & Bethanie
When she was a kid, I called her "Wacky Pack"
It was funny, when I first saw her when we got there, she reintroduced herself as "Wacky Pack." It was great. I can't believe she remembered that!

My sister...yep.
 After the service we went to dinner at 59 Diner and hung out for awhile. It was nice to see everybody again!

Then, Sunday was Mother's Day. This is 2 years in a row since I've moved I've spent Mother's Day with my Momma. That's always nice! My Mamaw had just gotten a new grill so we figured, we better test that out! So, we grilled steaks for dinner, had salad and baked potatoes. It was a great time and we had a lot of fun!
My Dad, on grill duty!
 When I was a kid, I frequently helped my dad work on the cars. My main responsibility was flashlight holder. And let me tell you, I got pretty good at! When he was working on putting the grill together, I helped him, it was like old times!

My Sister, My Momma and me.
On Mother's Day!
While I didn't take a lot of pictures on Mother's day, I did manage to get one of my mom, my sister and me together! It was nice being able to spend some of the day with her! It was nice to see my family and I get to see them again in June, which I'm looking forward to!



No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs