Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Do What You Love


Source: google.com via Betty on Pinterest


I've been in school this past semester, you all know that. But what you might not know is this semester was the semester from HELL!

I've talked about being an engineer since I was a kid. A little kid...like before I knew what an engineer did! So, when it was time to actually head to school I felt a need to try engineering. If I didn't I was always going to wonder, what if? Could I have done it? Did I underestimate myself? So, being me, I tried it.

And, it didn't work out so hot.

And, that's ok. Because, I'll never wonder! I'll never question if I could have. I know it's most definitely Not. For. Me. So, I'm changing majors, and I can't be more excited because now, I'm actually going to follow who I am to pick what I'm majoring in! I'm actually looking to do something that works with who I am.

It will give me a chance to have a purpose.

It will prepare me to answer the questions I ask All. The. Time.

It will be something I should LOVE.

And, after looking back on some stuff, this is definitely a direction I should head!

You see, a couple of years ago, I started going through career counseling. I knew I was kind of lost on what to do with my future. But, life happens and I kind of forgot about it. Then, when I was really down this semester after it was clear I was on the wrong track, I found my paperwork and one of the survey's I did. And on the very bottom of the list as the worst thing I could possibly do, was engineering.  Well, there was the sign I needed to change majors! And the major I had been considering? Number 3!

So, I have taken the leap and I'm going to be a sociology major!

I'm so excited! I can't wait to start the next semester with a new direction. I can't wait to see how I can be successful at something I love! I still have the drive I had at the beginning of this semester, I still want to be in school and learning. I still want to put in the hard work, but I am looking forward to doing something that works with who I am. I know how miserable I was without it. And I can't wait to see how I'll be with it!

Oh, and now, I should be able to get back to blogging! So, expect to hear more from me!



1 comment:

Nicole Rene said...

Honestly I think it's great you gave it a shot & it's even better than you think it's okay that it wasn't for you! I sometimes get caught up thinking that the path I have chosen was me giving up at something else but really it's just better to do something you love rather than waste your life doing something you don't really like to do! So congrats & I hope next semester is better for you!!! :)

 
site design by designer blogs