Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring is for Baseball

I'm going to admit it, I'm not a baseball fan. Not at all. It's too boring for me. But, the hubs LOVES baseball. So, I try to take him to a game at least once a year. And, here in New Orleans, that's not too expensive or difficult to do since we have a triple A team, the Zephyrs. The other day, he commented to me how much he wanted to go to opening day, so I bought 2 tickets, cancelled our date to Waffle House and surprised him by going to the game. They were even giving out mini bats on opening night!



Now, I actually managed to surprise him with my plan this time! About the only thing I surprise him with is tickets to a baseball game. Matter of fact, last time he even commented that if I say I have a surprise for him, it's always baseball game tickets and he knows that. So this time, when I surprised him, it was quite an accomplishment!

So, we headed to the Shrine on Airline and settled in for the evening. We had the amazing pig nachos (bbq pork on nachos...ah.maz.ing.) and I also had a sundae. We were even lucky enough to experience the 610 Stompers!

And just because you deserve to see them in action, here's a quick video!



It was a great bit of fun and we really enjoyed it! The weather was beautiful!!! And the game was fast! Nothing's worse to me than getting stuck in extra innings...and sadly, that happens to me frequently! But, this game, in the bottom of the 8th, the Z's didn't just take the lead, the hit a grand slam to take the lead. It was AMAZING! Seriously, seeing a grand slam in person is SO cool!



The Scoreboard!
This is the first game I've been too and been able to leave after the
top of the 9th! It was SO exciting!


We had a lot of fun. (This was probably the most fun I've ever had at a baseball game!) And I'm (a little) excited to take the hubs to another game...but just a little!



3 comments:

Holly said...

I know a lot of people don't like baseball because they say it's boring, but games like that are why I LOVE IT :-D I'm glad you got to experience such a fun game to kick off the season!! And those stompers are too funny!

Sarah @ 90 Percent Blonde... said...

I agree that baseball can be boring but that's good that you had a great time! I think I'm going to one in a few weeks and even though I'd prefer not to, I'm going to make the best of it and have fun!

MiChE said...

I'm not a baseball fan either, but I really enjoy the Zephyr games. What a great one to attend - you couldn't ask for a better ending AND you got to see the 610-stompers...I'm so jealous. Oh and I completely agree the piggy nachos are the best!

 
site design by designer blogs