Saturday, March 24, 2012

Nail Files - Vol. 3

The Nail Files


Today I'm linking up with Fabulous But Evil and My Vickilicious Life for the Nail Files!


Let me start off by saying that Nail Polish has become quite the obsession for me recently. More birthday money than one should spend went to this new habit of mine! And today's manicure is a highlight of the birthday money that I've spent. I've also found a whole new world of bloggers. The nail polish bloggers. O. M. G. They only fuel the fire!


Without further rambling, here's today's mani!


In the Shade.
Here's how I achieved this look! First, one layer of base coat. (I used Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength No Chip Base Coat.) Then, it was on to two layers of NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel in Black Lace Creme. Now, the pride of the mani, Finger Paint's Art You Wondering (Also two layers). And then the whole thing was topped with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. (My new nail polish love!)




In Direct Sunlight.
After testing a couple of different combinations, I found that Art You Wondering had the fullest look with the fewest coats, with the black polish underneath. I generally use my cheap nail polishes to preserve the more expensive bottles. (Seriously, NYC Black Lace Creme cost me like $1.50. I would much rather replace that!) And, I thought it looked fuller than just Art You Wondering by itself. It was a little sheer for my taste.


And I finally purchased my first bottle of Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat, and I'm not sure how I made it the past few months without it! And, this is just to let you know, I tried the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Top Coat and it sucks! Seriously, don't bother buying it. My nails would chip the same day! (No chip my hind foot!)


So, there's today's mani! I hope y'all have a great weekend! And, check out your local Sally Beauty Supply, mine's currently running a Buy One Seche Vite Top Coat and get a bottle of the Seche Base Coat for free! (And, if you buy lots of nail polish, get the Sally Beauty Supply Card, it's $5 and saves you like 30% on your purchases, except sales, which you get the sale price. My store was selling the card for $2.50 this weekend and I paid for it in this trip alone!)



1 comment:

tara said...

that is a gorgeous color!!

 
site design by designer blogs