Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Love Story




Today I'm linking up with From Mrs to Mama for a little Valentine's Day Fun! Enjoy!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together? 
We started dating on September 7, 2005. Matter of fact, I "officially" said I would date him while he was gathering all of his belongings in New Orleans to bring them to Houston after Hurricane Katrina. He's told me that my call gave him the energy to make it through that very long day!
Us at the Texas State Capital not long after we started dating!

 
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
I was staying at my grandparents house when Hurricane Katrina was going to hit New Orleans. The hubby & his brother came to stay with my grandparents while they were evacuated. We hung out a lot during the week following Hurricane Katrina, and although we have known each other my whole life, after that week everything was just different. We missed each other and after a bit of consideration, we decided to go for it and start dating! (We're a good thing to come from Hurricane Katrina!)
 
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell} 
We got married on November 14, 2010, so 1 year, 3 months ago! It's been AMAZING!!!
Us on our wedding day!

 
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small? 
We got married at Kenner City Hall and had a medium sized wedding. It was perfect. And the place was so beautiful! Matter of fact, after our wedding another wedding and a 90th birthday party were also held at our location! Talk about finding a great place!
 
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share! 
Currently it's pup, lup, pupstein. But, it's evolved over the years and started out as honey-bear and cutie-bear.
Us with the Bexar tile at the Texas State Capital.
Bexar was an evolution of our nicknames!

 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.  
1. He's amazingly patient...with me and others!
2. He takes care of me when I don't feel well!
3. He's fun to be with...I always enjoy the time I spend with him! 
 
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal? 
I was visiting him in New Orleans while we were still doing a long distance relationship. One day he had a lot of things he wanted to show me around the city. So, we went and saw them. The whole day he was getting phone calls and getting frustrated that his mom and brother kept calling him, which was unusual. Finally we ended up going to get a coffee at Puccino's. He made me sit in the car while he got something out of the trunk - WEIRD! We got our coffees and sat on the sidewalk because it was a pretty day and drank our coffees. I was playing with his college class ring and trying to get him to let me wear on the chain around my neck. He finally said "I'll make you a deal. I'll trade you that ring, for this one." and he set my ring on the table between us!!! Then he asked me to marry him!! I was SO SHOCKED I couldn't even answer...I just walked over and started hugging and kissing him. He finally had to ask "So, is this a yes?" It was absolutely perfect! 
 
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
Flowers and teddy bear! Which works pretty well for me!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? 
I love to pop in a movie and relax on the couch. And the hubby does too! So, we watch a lot of movies!  

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? 
I want to take a cruise through the Panama Canal with him. Don't ask how the Panama Canal became my thing but it did!
Us on one of our many adventures, this one to the Gateway Arch!
 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
We're going to hang out at home. We might go see a movie or something the weekend before or the weekend after, but there won't be a big deal for Valentine's day. I hate the crowds, I hate the limited menus. So, we won't do much!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? 
Nope. I actually told Mr. B that I didn't want anything for Valentine's day this year. I figure my birthday, and any other gift giving occasion has been taken care of with my MacBook! If he happened to insist on something, I wouldn't turn down a bottle of Essie's Matte About You Top Coat...just saying... ;) 
 
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
Respect. You must respect each other more than anything. If you respect each other, you will treat each other much better. Any relationship I see that is broken often includes people who don't treat each other with respect!
 
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you. 
Committing the rest of your life to someone else is the most selfless thing someone can do.
To me, being selfless is what love is!





2 comments:

Kathy Schneider said...

I love your love story. It really shows how some good comes out of all bad things.

karensmith said...

Great love story you got here! God bless you both and congratulations. :)

college dating

 
site design by designer blogs