Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Little Housekeeping

Yay! Today I finally updated the blog design!! I've been wanting to put a new design on my blog and get it looking awesome to go with the wonderful new name it has!  But, I've been lacking in inspiration. So, today, I spent a lot of time studying the blogs I love and found what I enjoyed most about them and came up with what you see to day. I LOVE it!!!

Now, like the title implies, there's a few housekeeping things we need to take care of, so that's what we're going to do!!

{one}




First, after a long, thought filled process, I've decided to go away from Google Friend Connect and move to RSS. This has been a difficult decision but I think it's better to do it now than later. Having read a bunch of articles, and watched the hard time people have had as all non-blogger blogs have lost GFC. My research makes me think it's only time before GFC goes away altogether. So, let's all just switch to RSS. K? Thanks! (P to the S. I'm new to this RSS feed stuff, if you have any problems or concerns, let me know, I probably don't know the answer, so it's important that I can research it to know how all of this works!)

{two}


Head to the right of your screen again. See that beautiful new blog button? Grab it. Especially if you have the other one that has It Takes Two on it and not Unscripted Journey! It'd be great to see the new name all over the internet! (Also, this whole process showed me a few of the blog buttons I have on my sidebar have been updated, I'm going to work on updating those this weekend! If I have an old button of yours, please point it out, so I can make sure I catch them all!)

{three}




Also, I have started a Facebook page for Unscripted Journey! I'm very excited about this. If you head to the right of your screen, you'll see that familiar Facebook "f" click on that and "like" my blog! Who knows what randomness you'll get from me there! (And if you have a blog Facebook, let me know, I'd love to "like" you!)


{four}

I am very, VERY excited to announce that Monday I will be joining with Lindsay from The Berteau Life to host my very FIRST giveaway!!!! Please come back on Monday to find out all the details and enter!!! I'm so excited and want everyone to have a chance to get something amazing!!!

Alrighty, I think that's the big points to cover! I can't wait to unveil my giveaway Monday and share with all of you! Have a great weekend. And if you're in the New Orleans area or coming to visit, enjoy the Mardi Gras parades this weekend!





2 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks great! I love it! Will you please tell me how you got those buttons (top right) that link to your FB, twitter, etc? I've been wondering how to get those!

Camille said...

Looks great!

 
site design by designer blogs