Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Hollywood Glam

Today I'm linking up with {av} at Long Distance Loving for Friday's Fancies.

This weeks theme is "Hollywood Glam" and has probably been my most favorite theme to date! Let's face it, nothing is more fun than getting super dressed up! Today's outfit features what I would wear if I were strutting my stuff down the red carpet this weekend!

So without further ado, here's my outfit!


Friday's Fancies - Hollywood Glam




I've been seeing a lot of posts talking about blush being the newest wedding gown color trend and let me tell you, I wish this trend would have been around a couple of years ago. Anywho, when it came time to pick a dress for this, I KNEW it would have to be blush colored! I just love the color too much to use something else! This Monique Huillier dress does the job perfectly! When I found it while searching for a gown, I knew this was it the moment I saw it. It was just time to accessorizes.

Now, I love shoes. I love shoes more than I love clothes. And, my goal in life is to one day own a pair of Manolo Blahniks. (So much so, I named my iPod Manolo Blahnik...hehe.) I was originally going to look for gold shoes (because yellow gold would go PERFECTLY with this dress) but, when I saw these, I knew black was the way I was going. I don't know why, it just spoke to me! So, these Manolos became the official shoe for the outfit. So far, I'm in love!

Then, it was time to pick the rest of the accessories. When I saw these earrings, I knew I could just stop searching. They are perfect for this outfit. Heavy enough to make a statement but wouldn't overpower the outfit. Once I picked these earrings though, I knew a necklace would be too much.

All that was left was a simple clutch to complete the outfit. A girl needs somewhere to carry her lipstick! And this little bag does it perfectly!

Finally, nail polish was a must. I considered a nude color, a gold color, and red. But when I saw this beautiful Butter London color, I knew it was perfect. It will add just the right pop of color but will be perfect with the rest of the outfit!

Now, just to sit back, sigh and wish I was actually walking the red carpet this weekend!

Thanks {av} for hosting this link-up as always and I can't wait to put together next week's outfit. But, I have a feeling this one is going to remain a favorite of mine always!

And for anyone stopping by today for the first time, and anyone who's returning, today is the LAST DAY of my Scentsy Giveaway! Please come enter for your chance to win!


And have a great weekend!



4 comments:

Ashley {styleash} said...

I really like that you weren't afraid to add a pop of color with the nails. Turquoise & pink is one of my favorite combos!

Lindsay K {lastyearoftwentysomething} said...

Love that blush pink color! And those shoes are amazing!

Nicole Rene said...

Wow I absolutely love that dress!!! It's so beautiful!! I love how blush is a wedding dress trend now. We have one at the bridal shop I work at, & although I doubt it would look good on me, it looks absolutely gorgeous on women with a tanner complexion!

Beautiful finds! Have a fun weekend! xoxo Nicole
http://nicolerenedesign.blogspot.com

Ivana said...

Oooh, how I love this styling! That dress is so dreamy and gorgeous, and I love the amazing accessories that pull the look together! Great job :)

Happy Monday!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

 
site design by designer blogs