Tuesday, February 28, 2012

101 in 1001: Things I'm Thankful For

When I made up this 101 in 1001, I saw several bloggers who had decided to make lists of things they are thankful for. I'm trying to make a list once a month of things I'm thankful for and this is this month's post!




{one}
My awesome camera! I had the amazing job of taking pictures of my niece's first birthday party and it just reminded me how much I LOVE my camera. Seriously, one of the best purchases of my life!

{two}
I'm thankful for the blogging community. I realized this week that I have gained something big from blogging. Both on this blog and in real life, I own my opinion. By that I mean that I don't feel the need to always qualify things with phrases that belittle my own opinion. Instead if you ask me what I think, I give you my opinion much more unapologetically. This is huge for someone who's always thought their opinion doesn't matter!

{three}
I'm thankful for the technology that allows me to keep in touch with family. I use facebook to keep in touch with a cousin who is getting married, aunts, uncles and other cousins. I use text messaging to keep up with my sister and my cousin. I  use the phone to talk to parents and grandparents. I love that I have the chance to keep up with so many people. Especially ones that I would otherwise never keep in touch with!

{four}
I'm thankful for my health. In general, I'm not a sickly person. I haven't had the flu in years (knock on wood!) and I just generally don't get sick. Recently I've had some lingering something or other. It just reminded me how much I appreciate my generally healthy self!




1 comment:

Kathy Schneider said...

I am so with you on #2

 
site design by designer blogs