Sunday, January 1, 2012

Way to Bring in 2012!

If you follow me on twitter, you would have seen me tweeting how I have been sick recently. For the most part it has just been congestion and coughing and what not. So, nothing major, but just enough to make me want to die...And, it makes concentrating really hard. Blogging and editing photos has been a real challenge. Although, I've had a little motivation to try!!

On Friday, Mr. B called me and told me that he had a couple of errands to run on the way home. When he got home he asked me if I felt well enough to go run the rest of his errands with him. I told him I wasn't really feeling up to it and just wanted to relax at home. But, he quickly changed my mind when he told me that he was going to have to go back to the apple store without me to purchase my MacBook Pro! Well, needless to say, I quickly felt a hundred times better and rushed to put some clothes on and go with him!

We've been talking about getting me a MacBook for awhile. And, finally the time was right! So, we piled in the car and headed off to the Apple store where I had to decide on the 13 inch or 15 inch. (I went with the 13 inch.) So, we paid for the MacBook and I got to set it up!

Paying for my MacBook!

My MacBook in it's box!
Me hugging my new computer!

Yes, I really did spend this much time just hugging my MacBook in it's box.
The other people around me were looking at me like I was a little nuts,
but I'll only get to purchase my first MacBook once!

Opening my MacBook for the first time!
So, after spending the time in the Apple store setting it up, I was really ready to get home. I was sick and just wanted to get back to the couch! And, I finally got to play with my MacBook and actually start learning a little about it! Needless to say, despite being sick, I had a very good end of 2011 and I've really started off 2012 well! I love this computer and now, I'm having the challenge of figuring out what photo editing software to get for it.

I've been using Photoshop Elements on my previous computer and have learned a lot with it and like it. Although, it did run a little sluggishly. And, I'm considering getting it again for the MacBook. But, I've also downloaded a trial version of Aperture. I've only been using it for a day, but I'm not sure I like it. The  photo editing side of it seems to be ok. It works well (I think...) I'm still learning a lot about it. But, it doesn't support layers and I'm just not sure how it would work with doing my blog layouts. (I do all of my own blog layouts so, that's a bit important for me!) I'm also thinking about trying Lightroom. I'm not sure it will do what I want it to do in the blog layout department. So, I think I'm going to give the 30 day trial a run and see what I think! It's $80 for Aperture and Photoshop Elements, and $90 for Lightroom if I wait until I'm an enrolled student in college next semester. So, the money will be about the same. So, it's really about what is going to work best for me!

So,there's the awesomeness that was the end of my 2011. Welcome, 2012!






*I went with black and white photos of me because I look just a little bit less sick in them! Seriously, my face was so red and my nose has lived in a tissue recently so, yeah, I looked like total crap! But, I wasn't going to not document my experience either!




1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love the pics of you hugging your macbook pro! Haha! I have decided next time i get a computer, i'm getting a mac for sure!

I just got photoshop elements for Christmas. I always used picasa or paint before. I have NO IDEA what i'm doing with photoshop, but i'll learn eventually!

 
site design by designer blogs