Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tag! You're It!



Carissa from Kissed a Frog and Kathy from That's What She Said both tagged me in this so, I'm going to answer both in this one post. Seriously, I could only come up with 11 things about myself after a major struggle. 22 things? That would impossible. So, What I've done is this. First up will be the eleven things I could think of about myself. Then, the 11 questions for Carissa will be answered and then the 11 questions for Kathy will be answered! And, then I'll tag my 11 people. The only thing I'm doing twice is answering 22 questions!


This part is being written a little bit later than the rest of the post. Since I wrote this blog, I have since been tagged by 3 other people in this little meme. As such, I'm going to add their questions to this post. I may have already even tagged them in this post when they tagged me, but they didn't know it yet because the post was scheduled out over a week. So, there ya go. That's how life is sometimes. I'm not changing anything except to add the questions from Lindsay at The Berteau Life,  Melissa at Little Mrs. Married, and Kayleigh at A Million Little Somethings. Enjoy!
Rules:
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each per­son must post 11 things about them­selves on their blog.
3. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post, and cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 peo­ple to tag and link them on the post.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tag­ging sec­tion about ‘you are tagged if you are read­ing this.’ You legit­i­mately have to tag 11 people.




11 Things About Me:
1.  I have a new OBSESSION with nail polish. Seriously, I keep trying to convince the hubby to let me buy more. He recently told me that I have "enough" nail polish. I wanted to cry. Is there such a thing as "enough" nail polish? (I think NOT!)
2. The word used for someone from Poland is "Polish" and to paint your nails you use "polish." I just realized these two words are spelt the same. I may or may not have been confused when typing the previous thing about me...
3.  Although I've been to Washington D.C. at Christmas time, I really want to go back at Christmas time again. I feel like I missed some cool things to see from some different blog posts I've read!
4.  Boot Scootin' Boogie makes me want to line dance like nothing else. And it makes me go back to high school. It's kind of like in the movies where they go through a tunnel and come out looking younger and dated. When it came on the radio today, I did my line dance in the living room for the whole family to see. It was a great moment! (No, I am not ashamed of this at all!)
5.  I'm not a big fan of Kelly Clarkson, but I'm digging this song she's singing on SNL. It's quite an ear worm.
6.  When I find a song I like it goes on repeat on my iPod until I find something to replace it. Currently, I Don't Want This Night to End by Luke Bryan is currently my favorite. Serious play hours have been logged for this song!

7.  I love queso. I frequently tell people, chips are just an excuse to get queso into my mouth! Seriously, if I could have married queso, I might have. Lucky Mr. B that I can't!  ;)
8.  I'm not much of an SNL fan. I only really care to watch it when someone I really like is hosting it. Otherwise, I can just skip it.
9. I have a serious problem with using "seriously" too much. Seriously, I've used it four times in this post so far, and I've deleted it at least another 4 times because I was using it again!
10. I over use “!”s ALL! the! time!!!! (I'm keeping this from Carissa!) I have to remember to use periods as much as possible. But this is only a problem in my blogging/tweeting. I don't have this problem in the least when say, writing a paper for school. Just blogging and tweeting. #exclamationpointoverusersunite!
11. It's now King Cake Season in New Orleans. I will be eating one this week...and not the crappy kind from WalMart or Rouses. No, there is a Sucre or Haydel's king cake in my future! (I am a King Cake snob. I'll admit it. It's one of my most favorite things in the world and I'm not spending the calories on some mediocre king cake!)




Questions from Carissa:
1.  What’s one of your favorite quote or words to live by? There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1. This always reminds me two things. One, of the grace that God so freely bestows upon me. Two, of the grace that I should always bestow upon others. When I focus on this verse I tend to treat others better and I'm able to better shrug off the things that others say about me that are negative.
2.  What’s your must-watch movie, new or old? Ah, this is so hard. I'm going to say Scott Pilgram vs the World. Seriously (there's that word again!) it's just fabulous. And, it gets better each time I watch it! Really, you must see this movie - and give it a real chance!
3.  What qualities/characteristics makes a great friend? They are good listeners and good talkers. You can have fun together, but are supportive. And they make you look good!
4. What’s the best or worst date you’ve ever been on? Well, for all intents and purposes, Mr. B is the only guy I've ever dated. I did "date" a guy for 6 weeks in high school, but really, does that count? So, I'm going to pick a date with the hubs for the best because, I'm not going to call him for a worst date! A few years ago (before we were married) Mr. B took me to Florida for a day trip. We went swimming at the beach and then we went to this fabulous steak restaurant. It was delicious and it was fun. We sat out by the water, we ate 3 courses worth of food the company was amazing. We still talk about how wonderful that date was!
5.  If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go and who would you take? Right now, I am itching like crazy to go to Yellowstone. I went there 1996, but I really have been wanting to go back. And, I want to take my camera to get some beautiful pictures. And, of course, I would take the hubby! I have so much fun traveling with him. He's my most favorite person to travel with and always want him with me!
6.  If there was a soundtrack to your life what would be your theme song? Is it cliche to say "Love Story" by Taylor Swift? It is. Ok. I'm going with the cliche. But, I don't really know. 
7.  Flash Back to the 90′s… what boy band are you listening to? Hanson. I liked both N*Sync and BSB, but I never really picked a side with them. But, my Hanson CD on the other hand. I listened to that like crazy!
8.  Best book you’ve ever read? Gone With The Wind. Seriously, (there's that word again!) go read it. I usually read it once a year and it gets better every time! It's long, but it's a classic for a reason!
9.  Favorite healthy snack? Hummus. I love hummus. Or apple slices with peanut butter. Yummy!
10. Mountains or the beach? Mountains. I love the mountains. They are always so beautiful and take my breath away. And, I've always lived in a flat area, so I love the elevation changes!!
11. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received? The best compliment I've ever received...I don't know...now that the question is being asked, I can't think of anything!



11 Questions from Kathy:
1. If you could have one superpower what would it be? I'm not big on superpowers...maybe to be able to fly. That sounds like a good one.

2. What are your inspirations? Other people who have traits that I admire are often inspirations to me. For instance, the hubby is quite even tempered and has inspired me to be a lot less hot headed!

3. What are your obsessions? Blogging is definitely one of them! And my new Erin Condren planner. I'm loving that beyond words!

4. What's your biggest guilty pleasure? Cheese? In any form...I LOVE queso dip. I'm trying to eat healthier and am very sad to have to give up queso!

5. Where would you want someone to take you for a perfect date? Somewhere with queso?  ;) The most perfect dates with the hubby include the local sweet shop, Sucre. Their chocolates or cupcakes are AMAZING and it's such an experience!

6. What is your favorite memory? Oh, there's so many I can draw from here. I'm going to go with walking down the aisle and seeing Mr. B standing there at the end waiting to marry me. That's an awesome memory to have.

7. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?
8. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be? Have faith in yourself. You are not wrong for following the desires of your heart, and when you get where you're going, you are going to be SO glad you did! 

9. What character (books, tv, movies, etc.) do you think is most like you and why? Oh jeez...seriously, some of these questions are just too hard!  I just really don't have an answer to this one!

10. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy? I think it would be time to retire Le Fleur (my 1996 Toyota Camery that's tired of running) and get myself something new. I'd find myself leaning towards something like a Mustang or a Camero (Bumblebee Edition, of course!).

11. What is one compliment you would give yourself? I would have to say I'm brave. Inside of me, the things people don't see, the issues I've faced and continue to face, I would just tell myself, you go girl!



Questions from Kayleigh:
1. Why did you start your blog? I started my first blog a few years ago as a food blog. I didn't really get blogging then, so it quickly faded away and not much really ever happened with it. Then, just a bit over a week before I got married, I decided to try this blogging thing again and stated It Takes Two. And this time, I learned a lot more about the blogging world, how following worked, the friends you could make and I've stuck with it. I had my 1 year blogaversary a couple months ago and I'm so glad I've stuck with it! I've made some awesome friends since I started this blog!

2.What do you do at the end of a long day? I sit down with my computer, read some blogs, write some blogs and obsessively check Facebook and Twitter. Maybe read a book. Things that also make the list: watch a movie, snuggle with the hubs and watch tv.

3. Which season is your favorite and why? I love spring and fall...the whole 2 weeks we get of it around here! I love the beautiful temps, being able to ride with the windows down. The ability to ENJOY being outside. I love it!

4. What fictional charactor would you want as a best friend? That's a hard one. I've read a lot of books, I've seen a lot of movies,  and picking one can be difficult, but I think I'm going to go with Melanie Wilkes from Gone With The Wind. She has some amazing attributes that I think would be great to have influencing me.

5. Desert Island. Three Items. List them. My biblia, A tent. A Wilson Volleyball. ;)

6. If you could choose to live in a different decade purely for fashion's sake, which decade would you choose? I would have to choose either the 1860s (pre-Civil War of course) or 1960s. I LOVE the fashion in both of those.

7. What song makes you crank the volume in your car? LOL. I laugh just thinking about this. I have to answer Dirt Road Anthem to this. If I hear another song I like and start turning it the up, the hubs always says "What are you going to do if Dirt Road Anthem comes on next?"

8. What is most important to you? Wow. Really open ended there...I'm not even sure how to answer this...

9. If you could choose to have one dream for your life come true, which would it be? The one I really want has come true, to be married to the love of my life. Outside of that, I would say when we're ready to have kids, I want that dream to come true. 

10. Which collection of your's is bigger, movies or books? Movies. But, I don't really add to either collection that much. But one day, I'd like that to be a coin toss. I'd love to have a library and an in-home theater! A girl can dream, right?

11. If you could have dinner with someone alive or dead, who would that be? I'd love to sit down and have dinner with my brother. It's been 14 years this year since I've been able to see him smile or hear him laugh.



Questions from Melissa:
1. What are your biggest pet peeves, not including traffic issues? (We all have traffic issues.) Oh, I'm the queen of pet peeves...I have so many of them...but my biggest?

2. If you could go on an all-expense paid vacation & take one person, who would you take & where would you go? Most definitely Mr. B would be my travel companion. Besides the fact that he is my hubby, I just enjoy traveling with him so much! I would have to choose a cruise through the Panama Canal for our trip. I've wanted to take this cruise for awhile now and would love the chance to do it all expense paid!

3. If you could do anything you wanted for your next birthday, what would you do? (Money is no object & everything is okay to eat!) First step is to put Kayleigh on a plane and get her down here! Then, I'm grabbing my closest friends and we're heading for a spa day. Mani's and pedi's for everyone as well as massages. Then, it's time to go shopping! We've got to look awesome for our evening to come! Dinner is going to be at Morton's Steak House. Then after such a delicious dinner we would go to Sucre for dessert. Since it would probably be pretty late at this point, we would probably call it an evening and have the limo drop us all of at our respective homes and call it a night! 

4. What is your favorite play or musical? If you do not have one, how are we friends? (Totally kidding. I don't watch football, it all evens out!) Wicked. Wicked is by far my favorite musical. I've seen it twice on stage and listen to the soundtrack frequently! I could see it again and again!

4. What are some of your favorite girl names? Favorite boy names? I've always said if I ever had twins and they happened to be a boy and a girl I would name them Jordan Oliver and Jordan Olivia. I've given up on this idea because the hubs doesn't care for the name Jordan so much. But, I figured it was a safe compromise as twins skip a generation in my family and my mom had twins. So, I probably won't be having any!

5. What is the biggest lesson you have learned in life? That it is ok to stand up for myself and how to properly do it. That was several years and counseling and was totally worth every dollar spent. I would do that again a thousand times over. It is the best thing I did for me, my marriage, my relationship with my family and my friends. 

6. What is your favorite recipe? (Link please!) Corn Casserole. Delicious. It's a great pot luck dish too. I'll add it here when I get the chance to check the recipe. It's super easy, and you're going to love it!

7. What is the last book you read? Did you enjoy it? The last book I read is 11/22/63 it's the new Stephen King novel and y'all, read it. It was awesome! I told Mr. B how much I missed the characters last night! I'm going to link up for Book Club Friday this week with this book!

8. Who is your favorite author or speaker? My favorite author is probably Janette Oke. I've read so many of her books and always enjoy them!

9. Which bloggie friends do you hope to meet in real life? I definitely NEED to meet Kayleigh! She's my bestie! And I'm looking forward to meeting Melissa when me and Mr. B make our way to Baton Rouge for me to go to school!

10. What is your nervous habit? It used to be biting my nails, but since I've stopped doing that, I'm not sure...

11. What do you hope will happen (that could happen!) in 2012? I hope to meet Kayleigh, find my way to LSU (meet Melissa) and SO many other things!



Questions from Lindsay:
1) What is your all time favorite book? Gone with the Wind. We've discussed this. Just read it!

2) If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be? Cruise through the Panama Canal.


3) What is your go to place to shop for yourself? Ann Taylor. I LOVE Ann Taylor!


4) What is your must have make-up item? Foundation. I'm currently using a MAC foundation but I also like Bare Minerals a lot (MAC is easier to put on in the school parking lot!) But, I feel better having my complexion evened out a bit.


5) What is your favorite meal? Oh, this is a hard question to answer. Part of me leans to Enchiladas Verdes from Los Cucos in Katy, Texas. Part of me leans to BBQ from Rudy's in Leon Springs. Part of me leans to Steak from Morton's Steakhouse. (Morton's wins, but at $200 for one meal, it's a bit steep to eat at regularly!)


6) Are you a morning or a night shower taker? I prefer mornings but have started to consider nights so that I can keep my long hair...it's not going so well...


7) If you HAD to go without air conditioning, the internet, taking a shower, or your car which would you pick? Air Conditioning. I figure use fans and stuff, not to mention, it doesn't say my car doesn't have ac! ;)


8) What is your dream job (besides being a mom, if you are one)? I assume since it's a dream job money and what not doesn't matter, so I'm going to say own my own bakery. If we're talking realistically - engineer - which I'm currently pursuing!


9) How long did you and the hubs date before getting married?  We dated for a hair over 5 years. We started dating September 7, 2005 and we got married on November 14, 2010.


10) What is you favorite place to vacation? I'm going to say D.C. Mr. B and I both really have enjoyed our trip there and both would like to go back.


11) What is the best dessert EVER? King Cake from Sucre. I would definitely consider selling my soul for it!






Now, here are my eleven questions for the eleven people I'm going to tag!

1. You're at a karaoke bar. What song are you singing and why?
2. What section must you look through when you're at Target, even if you don't buy?
3. What's your favorite beauty product?
4. What style/outfit/trend are you too scared to try?
5. You get to travel for a whole year on someone else's dime, where do you go? Settle into one place and really get to know it? Or visit as many places as you can?
6. You can live at anytime in history, what century/decade/year would we find you in?
7. You have to get a tattoo, what is it?
8. Do you have any scars? How'd you get them?
9. You're naming your biography, what do you title it? (Can't be your name, "My Life," etc.)
10. You get to design your own house, what's on your must-have list?
11. You get to go relive one experience in your life again. What experience would it be? Would you change anything about it?

Okay, and finally, the people I've tagged. (I've tagged those I feel comfortable tagging...it might not be 11, but that's fine by me, especially saying 2 people I would have tagged have already tagged me!) 

To the girls who tagged me before this posted, feel free not to do this again! But, you were already there, so there you'll stay!


And ladies, I will be stopping by your blogs to leave my required comment as soon as I can...hopefully when lunch time comes around! I hope y'all enjoy doing this - but it won't hurt my feelings if you don't!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love Kelly Clarkson! I'm not an SNL fan either. And king cake! OH MY! I don't know if i can make it through the season w/o one! I love them so much! And yes. The good ones. ;)

 
site design by designer blogs