Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas with the Fam

This year, Mr. B and I went to Katy to spend Christmas with my family. We had a wonderful time hanging out with my sister, parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins!

We arrived on December 23, late and enjoyed hanging out with everybody. We made a late night trip to Walmart (try 3AM...) but first made a quick trip to Taco Cabana (affectionately called Taco C) to grab a quick bite to eat. Now, we don't have Taco C's in NOLA, and they are a place I like to eat when I make it to Texas! Now, I haven't really spent much time at Taco C at 2AM...but I learned something that night. It's where everyone goes after being at the club/bar on a Friday night. Who knew?

Then, Christmas Eve came around. My Uncle Scotty and Aunt Sabrina came over with my cousins Hannah and Victoria. It's always such a joy to see them and I really enjoyed the chance to talk to Victoria. She's 16 now (going to be 17 in February...can't believe it!) and she's at that age where you can really talk and get to know her. I had so much fun hanging out with her and look forward to seeing her continue to grow up!

Victoria

Victoria & My Dad

My Mom & Hannah

The Cousins
L to R: Victoria, Me, Hannah & My Sister (Sarah)
My Mom & Dad



We also enjoyed a great meal. My mom made stuffed cabbage rolls (DELICIOUS!) and we had ham, mashed potatoes, pea salad, sweet potato casserole and regular salad. It was quite the meal. Much food was eaten and we had a great evening!

Now, here's a quick side note...I don't really care for peas...I'll generally pick most any vegetable before picking the peas. Except pea salad. Don't ask me what it is. But, add mayo, seasoning, cheese, etc. and I LOVE it. I can't pass it up. It's one of my most favorite foods to see on the table!

Anywho...back to Christmas Eve...Here's the spread!

The Spread! It was DELICIOUS!

The Stuffed Cabbage! YUMMY!!!
So, after a fabulous dinner, Hannah and Victoria opened their Christmas gifts. Hannah got Monopoly for Christmas and we sat down and played the game. It was a lot of fun and I love playing games as a family. I didn't do this until I moved to NOLA, but I found I really liked it. We play a game and it kind of directs attention and gives everyone something to bond around. And, I enjoyed with my Texas family. I think I might even start bringing a game with me when I go visit them! I just enjoy them so much!


Our Monopoly Game.

Yep, we played awhile!
So, we had a great time on Christmas Eve. I'll tell you all about Christmas day in another post!





5 comments:

Asha said...

Wow, all that food looks great! I've never heard of cabbage rolls but the picture definitely makes me want to try one, haha!

I'm glad you had such a great time!

Holly said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas Eve! Oh and I totally hate peas too :)

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

I'm sorry, I couldn't read past the part when you mentioned TCs!! My mouth is watering now. Just about a week until I get my fix :) Looks like you had a great Christmas in TX. And hope you had a good New Year too. Thanks for stopping by the blog today

Jessica Renee said...

Happy New Year! It sounds like you had a great Christmas! :)

and TC's is definitely the place to hang out at after the bar..Their bean and cheese tacos will hot the spot right about then! haha..AND don't hate me but I just ate lunch there yesterday :p

Kathy S said...

FYI I tagged you on my blog, if you're interested

 
site design by designer blogs