Friday, December 16, 2011

If You Can Say the Name...

When I was growing up, every January me, my sister, my parents and grandparents did the impossible, we traveled east of Highway 6 from Katy, and made our way to the AstroArena (now the Reliant Arena) for the Car Show. Yep, we're that kind of family.

Well, I guess it was 2001 we were there and we reached the Lincoln area where they were trying to sell the good citzens of Houston on how awesome and amazing their new Lincoln Blackwood was. (In hindsight, not so amazing. It was only sold in the U.S. in 2002. )
Yep...there's the amazing Lincoln Blackwood.

So, we were standing there listening to the person give their presentation on the Lincoln Blackwood. And when he's finishing up he tells us: "And if you can say the name, you know every color the Blackwood comes in."

Now, at the tender age of 16, I was very confused. You see, I could name a lot of colors it could be. Mahogany. Cherry...I just couldn't figure it out. I could tell it was supposed to be all clever of him...but I couldn't get it.

Until I took my little pamphlet home and really looked at it. Yep. Then I got it...it only came in black.

Now, was the my brightest moment? No.

But Lincoln was just plain ol' stupid.

Seriously? You thought everyone would want your truck in black? I could go get the F150 for half the price and in any color I wanted...I never will understand how Lincoln thought the Blackwood would be successful!!



4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Quite the random post :)

k.elizabeth said...

Yeah, Betty dear??


I totally would have done the same thing.

Zara said...

I didn't even know that such a thing existed. :-)
I would hate to have a truck in black :-(

Mia Maree said...

you received a versatile blogger award!
http://www.msmiamaree.com/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

 
site design by designer blogs