Monday, December 12, 2011

Comment Form PSA

Hey y'all, to show you just how caught up on life I am, I just finished commenting on every starred blog in my google reader and have read every blog in my reader!! It's a great day.

Now since I've recently done all of this commenting, I learned about an issue with bloggers commenting form.

If you do not use a pop-out comment form, not all of your readers will be able to comment.

There is a problem with the embedded commenting form and it is a known issue to blogger. They are working to fix it, but the issue has been around since October. They have instructed changing your blog comment form to either the full-page comment form or the pop-out comment form.

It's a shame I haven't been able to comment on some of your wonderful blogs over the past couple of months. And if you've had any problems commenting on my blog, I apologize. I didn't know about the problem until recently. I have since changed my settings per bloggers instructions.

Do me a favor too, can you share this with other bloggers? We all love giving and receiving comments, so let's all help keep the blog community great!!

Thanks!!



4 comments:

Bibi said...

thanks for letting us know. I think I will change my comment form... but what about the ones with pop up blockers? :(
I'll check it out... thanks, hon!

Melissa said...

This is good to know. I installed Disqus simply because too many people couldn't comment on my blog - i didn't know this was why!

I will probably keep Disqus, just b/c i like it so much. But glad you posted about this. I'll share the news!

Lindsay said...

Good to know! I switched to this for a few months ago but just because I found it easier when commenting on other people's blogs.

Kathy S said...

Thanks for sharing. Definitely good to know.

 
site design by designer blogs