Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Heart Thanksgiving...

...and my new lens!!!



Yes, this is my new lens! The Nikon 50mm f1.8G. It's a wonderful lens. I suggest you get one for yourself!! Gorgeous pictures and oh, so fast! I heart it!

I took this picture in super low light and without flash if I remember correctly.
So, Thursday was Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I know I've told you that before. The food, the family, the hanging out. Oh, and getting to use my new lens! So, here's our day, documented through my new lens!

First up was lunch! The food was great as always! Actually, I think the turkey was particularly good this year. At some point, I inevitably take some pictures of the food and some of the family around the table!

We made sure to eat some super delicious food.
This is my mother-in-law's plate so it's missing some delicious
food, such as the turkey!
Mr. B while we were eating dinner!

MawMaw, Mr. B's grandma, after we finished dinner!
 Next up was a family picture of Lee & Lindsay & Parker. It was Parker's first Thanksgiving and she was only mildly interested in having her picture taken at this point. She wouldn't crack a smile no matter what we did. So, we're just thankful she's looking towards the camera!
Linday, Parker and Lee getting their photo taken for Parker's first Thanksgiving!
After the picture was taken, she was of course, all smiles. So, while Lindsay was talking to Mr. B about something, I snapped this gem. Let me tell you, I love the way it came out. When I saw it, I just fell further in love with my new lens!
Parker and Lindsay.
I just love the way this picture came out!
After the pictures were taken (with not a shot of Mr B and I taken...ugh!) it was time for our family to do what we do best, play a game. We don't lounge around watching a football game, but we do make time to hang out together and Scattergories is our standard. It has set the scene for such conversations as "No, nitrogen is not something that is found in a park." Mr. B's answer was vetoed and I think he still begrudges us that. :)
Lee writing down those Scattergories answers!

Our Thanksgiving Day Game of Choice!
 So, yes, we had a great day. It was a very pleasant afternoon and we enjoyed the time together. That evening, Mr. B and I tried to go get our Christmas tree unsuccessfully. But, we did end up getting it the next night. I'll post all about that this week...

Also, if you are Nikon user and considering the 50mm f1.8G, please do yourself a favor and get it. It'll be the best $200 you'll spend. Seriously. The pictures have been beautiful! The bokeh it produces is awesome. So smooth! It really is awesome!

And, I'll be linking up with Neely & Amber for their "Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge" the next two weeks! Why don't you link up too?





No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs