Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 4 - Grandparents


Today on 30 Days of Thanksgiving, I'm featuring my Grandparents.

I've been very blessed to have formed relationships with both my maternal and paternal grandparents. It really means a lot to me that I have gotten to know each of them over the course of my life.

Grandaddy, Mamaw, Me, Mr. B

These are my paternal grandparents. They were ah.maz.ing. grandparents. Seriously, we spent every weekend with them as I was growing up. They really gave me my love for traveling. Seriously, I've traveled with them more than I have Mr. B. I've seen some beautiful places with them and it means the world to me to have those memories. Last time I visited them in Houston, I spent time looking through some of our photos from our trips. They are amazing memories and I love having them.

Clockwise, starting in bottom left:
Sarah (sister), Aunt Sabrina, Hannah (cousin), Momma, Me, Mamaw

Mamaw and Grandaddy have been awesome grandparents. They have also gone above and beyond in my life. I truly wouldn't be who I am today without them!

Grandma and Me

My maternal grandparents are also very special to me. They lived near me until 1998 when the moved back to Cleveland, Ohio. I can now see where I get my love of purses and my pack-rat-ness from (my Grandma!) and they have taken us to a couple of nice places as well. They took my sister and I to see Niagara Falls a few years ago. It was amazing and it was so special to experience that with them.

Papa
*Picture lovingly stolen from my Aunt Lisa's facebook*

I'm so sad to see my Ohio grandparents having health problems, but I can say I have truly had a chance to learn how amazing they are. I'm about to start writing my Grandma letters and I hope to learn so much more about her and her family. It can be really awesome!

So, today was about grandparents...tomorrow is my 1 year bloggy-versary any guesses what I'll be thankful for tomorrow??



No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs