Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 2 - The Padres



Welcome to Day 2 of my 30 Days of Thanksgiving.

You may not know this about me, but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I know Christmas often overshadows it, but it really is a gem. I love that Thanksgiving has no pretense. You get together with family and/or friends, you have a delicious meal. You watch football, in our family play a game. Then, you may peruse the Black Friday ads and stake out for something or make a game plan. There's no gifts to wrap, no trees to decorate. Nothing that really adds stress to the day. For that, I love Thanksgiving. And, some families even spend a few moments saying what they're thankful for. Thanksgiving is underrated. And wonderful. And it's my favorite holiday.

Now, onto what I'm thankful for today.

Today, I'm thankful for my parents!



I'm very blessed to have wonderful parents who love me. They helped raise me into the woman I am today and for that I'm thankful. Because of them I am a better person. A better woman. A better wife.

They helped me have a beautiful wedding. And they went out of their way (literally) to pick me up so I could visit my grandparents in Ohio. They go above and beyond to help me have a better life.

My mom helped instill a love of all things artsy fartsy. And my dad instilled a love of books in me.

For them both, I am thankful.

Tomorrow: My sister? Maybe... 



1 comment:

Melissa said...

So sweet! I love Thanksgiving too. Definitely my favorite holiday - or maybe it is still tied w/ Christmas. I can never decide. But i truly love it!

 
site design by designer blogs