Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Why I Hate Mushrooms.

Yes, I am at a loss of what to blog about.

You see, I've been sewing until my eyes are bleeding and then doing something else. I'm SO excited for my first craft fair, but I'm starting to get exhausted from all of the work. And now, I need a break. I need just a few minutes to stop thinking about sewing and thing about something else. Anything else.

So, if you don't mind humoring me, I'm going to tell you a crazy fact about myself. It seems as good as anything to write about and maybe I'll find a few people who I can relate to.

I was standing in my kitchen today and realized, I may have never told you that I hate mushrooms. I mean, really there's been no reason for me to, but I figured today I will rectify that situation.

I.

Hate.

Mushrooms.

Seriously. Like I pick the smallest little pieces out of things. And people always tell me "you can't even taste those." And that's where this hatred of mine gets complicated. You see, the taste of mushrooms is fine. I don't mind that at all. It's the texture. I can't stand the way it feels to chew them. It's disgusting. And, I can tell if they're there.

Now, people used to think it was all mental. I only noticed because I could see them type of thing. But, I was able to prove to everyone I truly notice them. You see, I was eating a Nutrisystem Ravioli one day. And, the whole time I was eating it, something was off. Now, I assumed it was because it was Nutrisystem food. Seriously, things are off sometimes with food like that and I just kept eating it because I was hungry. And when I was almost done, I finally saw it. A big old mushroom laying on the bottom of the container. I had been eating mushrooms. And I could feel them and they were weird and my brain knew it.

So, I stopped eating it and went on with life. Like I said, I just know they're there.

But this texture issue of mine goes further than just mushrooms. I don't like nuts in things. Don't put them in my cakes, don't put them in my cookies, don't put them in my dips. Just keep them to yourself. I hate the way a nut feels in my teeth when I'm eating something with a different texture. (I do enjoy just a handful of nuts though and peanut M&M's on occasion...) I'll pick all of the nuts out of things too. Or just skip eating it all together.

And, I don't eat coconut because of it's texture.

Really, if the texture is wrong, I don't like it.

So, there you go, there's a random fact about me.

Happy Wednesday everyone!



No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs