Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My First Craft Fair

I've been missing recently. Yes, I know that. Sorry.

Here's a quick catch up on my life!

First, Friday and Saturday was my first craft fair. It didn't go as well as I hoped but, overall I'm happy with it. I came out of the fair in the positive (only because I was part of a group!) and I learned A LOT! And, I got to see a couple of people from church and learn more about their family. Mr. B and I have known them for years, but they already had kids by the time we met them and we just never really were too close with them. But, I always enjoy getting to know people a little better.

Second, things have been pretty crazy for my family. Both of my mom's parents have been in and out of the hospital the past couple of weeks. My parents had decided to plan a trip to see them and I'm catching a ride with them. We're all going knowing it may be the last time we see them and that's causing a lot of emotions. So, tomorrow my parents will come to my house and Friday we'll hit the road to Cleveland. I'm looking forward to seeing my family and spending what time we can with my Grandparents.

But, all of this is causing me some other emotions because this will be the first time since Mr. B and I have been married that I will be away from him for any length of time. I know I'll be ok, but I'm going to miss my hubby like crazy. And I'm going to be sad not to have him next to me during this emotionally crazy time.

And, finally on top of all of this Mr. B and I have decided to move in with his parents at the end of the month. We have some things we would like to do, and I'll tell you more about that when I know more. But, the first step is to take care of a few things and it will be easier living with his parents. So, on top of everything else, I'm also starting to get a little crazy knowing we're going to be living with my in-laws for a couple of months. (Now, my in-laws are AWESOME! And I'm so glad that they're willing to help us like they are. But I wish there was another way to accomplish some of our goals. Does that make sense? Also, if you're living with your in-laws and you're a married couple. Any advice?)

Well, I guess that covers the immediate. I'll write more to you as I have more to write! I'm sure I'll have some great pictures to show after this trip!



1 comment:

Carissa said...

We did the whole living with parents thing for a year. Actually, the place before we moved here. They were my family... his in-laws. Advice: date. and date lots! That's the biggest thing that helped us! We went on dates every other week for sure and sometimes more often! And I don't know about your in-laws but for my family they like to turn people against each other so remember that you two are a team. a unit. a family of it's own. You're always on the same side. Even when you're not. If that makes sense! It's fun at first as one big family group but try to do things separate from them a lot. It'll help from driving each other crazy in the long run. gosh, I'm making it sound all bad. It wasn't!

 
site design by designer blogs