Friday, September 23, 2011

Skyline Drive

Back, many moons before I started this blog, I went on a solo trip to Colorado Springs. This was one of the best experiences of my life! It really taught me what I was made of and showed me how many mad awesome skills I have! From hotel rooms, to rental cars, to sight seeing activities, I was in charge of it all. And, I got to watch my dear friend get married! That was a definite highlight to the trip!

But, as far as sightseeing goes, I think my favorite part of the trip was Skyline Drive. I saw a sign for it while I was driving to see the Royal Gorge and decided to stop. (One of the beauties of traveling solo...you do exactly what you want!). And by stop, I mean drive the road. And it was awesome.

It's a one lane road. You start your trek from Hwy 50 outside Canon City and you finish your trek in Canon City. It's really narrow and you travel up the side of a ridge. It's really cool. There's not much I can say but to let the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy.

The View from Where I came from!

The Rocks at the Top!

Me at the top and US50 down below!

The Road Before Me!

The View out the side of the car.
Yes, I stopped to take this picture!

One more view of the road!

Oh, and in case you're wondering if this is a legitimate road to travel. Here's proof it is.
A sign about the work...yep...this road is legit!!

I hope y'all enjoyed my little travel down memory lane Skyline Drive! I know I sure did!!



4 comments:

Zara said...

The one thing I will miss the most about Colorado when we move is the beautiful nature. There are so many things to see and do here!

texlilo said...

Beautiful I think I have been through there when I was a kid.

I actually lived in Cannon City Colorado in 6th grade for 6 months :).

Thank you for making it to my wedding I was so glad to see you.

Bibi said...

I have been there! This road was so much fun :) Great pictures, Betty :) Thanks for sharing your memories with us!

Carissa said...

Holy crap! That is a crazy road! It would have been really incredible to see but crazy! Thanks for sharing the pics!

 
site design by designer blogs