Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 6: Movies





I've recently found Katie's blog through another blog and saw she was doing this awesome 30 day challenge. I'e been wanting to take part in one of these and decided to start with this one! (It just seems like so much fun!) Now, I can't just do 30 straight days of a challenge and not blog about a single other thing...it would bore me to tears! So, some days you may see me post twice! Because really, my life is still pretty cool!

So, today I'm starting this little challenge, but as you notice, it is Day 6 of the challenge. I'm going to go back and do the others over the next few days! So, there you go.

Day 6: Movies.

Alright, I'm going to start by telling you a few of my favorites!!

I break them down into 2 categories. The first category: Movies of EPIC Proportions. These are all of the REALLY long movies I like!



Source: weheartit.com via Betty on Pinterest


Titanic
This has been one of my favorites since the first time I saw it. I have had an interest in the sinking of the Titanic since I was young. I even saw the Titanic museum exhibit when it came to Houston years ago. I watch this movie pretty much any time it's on TV and will even put the dvd in on occasion!




Source: flickr.com via Frankly on Pinterest


Gone With The Wind
I don't know the first time I saw this movie. I know it was on VHS and I know that I fell in love with it. This was one of my favorite movies by junior high, for sure. And it remains so to this day. It is an amazing cinematic masterpiece and I watch it when I can. But, when a movie is four hours long, that's not as often as I would like! After seeing the movie a couple of times, I finally read the book which blew the movie out of the water! (Of Course!) I read it about once a year. I've also visited Margaret Mitchell's house in Atlanta and stayed at the hotel that the cast stayed in in Atlanta for the premier of the movie!! It's all so very cool!



Now, we're going to discuss movies NOT of EPIC proportions!



Source: tower.com via Stephanie on Pinterest


Inglorious Basterds
I saw this as part of the Best Picture Showcase a couple of years ago. Which is awesome. This is not a movie I would usually go see. It's just not my "type" of movie. But, I did see it. And I love it! Mr. B & I quote this movie all of the time and I just think it's great. Seriously. A little violent, but still a great movie...





Scott Pilgram vs The World
Mr. B and I love this movie. Matter of fact, we watch parts or all of it a couple of times a week. It's just that awesome.





The Notebook
This movie always makes me happy. I also really appreciate that it address the fact that marriages are hard work! But, it also reminds you how very, very worth it they are and that makes it the perfect love story!



Source: imdb.com via Heather on Pinterest


P.S. I Love You
I cry everytime I watch this movie, but I always enjoy it. Oh, and this is the movie that gave me my super crush on Gerard Butler. Yep.





Love Actually
I could watch this movie All. The. Time. but, Mr. B doesn't want to watch it and not like it as much, so we hardly ever watch it, but it's one of my favorites! And this quote, this quote is my favorite from the movie. Yeah, it's awesome.



Source: google.com via Kay on Pinterest


Casablanca
I love classic movies. I have even more I could add to this list, but this one is one of my favorites!




Alrighty y'all. I could add way too many more movies to this list, but I'm going to stop here. I probably have a few things I ought to do around the house and what not, but for now, just enjoy this little list. And hopefully you find a new movie or two to watch!!



4 comments:

claire said...

I love Titanic. It definitely is a movie of epic proportion....I remember when it was on VHS it was 2 tapes.

That line in Love Actually is so great. Bill's is one of my favorite storylines.

texlilo said...

I love quite a few of those movies P.s I love you, Titanic, Gone with the wind, and the note book.

Katie said...

I miss when Leo DiCaprio was young and hot. Now he just looks angry all the time. Love GWTW too. I saw it for the first time on TV in college - the book is fantastic!

Irish Craig Ferguson B. said...

I also heart Gerard Butler...how could you not?

 
site design by designer blogs