Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 21: Stress





Today we're talking about what stresses us out.Thanks Katie! I'm not sure if this is my idea of a fun post though.

{ one }
Money. Money causes me stress. I work essentially on 100% commission. I don't go into an office everyday. I don't receive work steadily and I only get paid when I get a report. When things are good, they can be really good. When things are bad. They can be really bad. BUT, and this is an important but, I'm happy. Working this job has helped me be a lot happier. It sure beats my old job.

I'm also getting a real challenge from God on this subject. We've started a series at church called Counterfeit gods. And, Sunday we talked about money. The whole thing really challenged my outlook on how I think about money. I also try to tell myself what Matthew 6:34 says. "Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."


{ two }
My health causes me stress. I recently went to my OB/GYN because I was having some problems with my female system. At my appointment I learned I had a polyp in my uterus and possibly have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). My doctor also wanted me to get some blood work done because he thought I could be insulin resistant.

I've since gone back for my follow up appointment. I have to go back (again) to find out more about the polyp and PCOS, but I did get my blood work back. I found out that we caught the insulin resistance very early, my Vitamin D is low and my B12 is low. These things together really explain a lot of things I've been experiencing that I didn't even know were problems.

So, it's cause a little bit of stress for me. I'm starting to work on changing it though!

So, those are a couple of things that stress me. But, if those are the worst things, life is pretty good!




1 comment:

Mandy said...

I will be praying for you girl! With PCOS I've done a good bit of research being told that I may have it also. 3 years after that scary visit I found out that I don't. Its funny how much having low vitamins can effect so much of ones life without you even knowing it. I'm here if you want to talk :) God's got this!

 
site design by designer blogs