Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 17: Regrets





Today, we're getting a little more introspective for the link up and talking about regrets.

Y'all, I try not to live with regrets. Each and every thing that has happened in my life has helped me reach and become who I am today. And y'all, I like who I am today. I like the person I have become. Yes, there are some things I am trying to improve about myself, but as a whole, I like who I am.

But, if I had to pick something to be a regret, I guess I would say I regret not going away to college right out of high school. I wish I would have had the chance to form the love of a college that so many people have. I wish I had that love of a college that I have of my high school. I wish I would have stayed in a dorm and gone to parties. I wish I could have gone to football games and tailgated before them. I wish I would have had those experiences.

Now, all of that being said, I don't regret this too much at all. In the end, my life worked out the way it did because I didn't go away to college. Because I didn't go away to college, I moved to San Antonio. Because I moved to San Antonio, I went back to visit my Grandparents. Because I went back to visit my Grandparents I spent a week with Mr. B. Because I spent that week with Mr. B, we started dating. And here we are, 6 years later married. Living our dream together. I'm happy.

Yes, I would have liked to have gone away to college but, this is the reason why I don't regret the decision. I am where I am today because I didn't. So, there you go.



No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs