Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Fancies: Red-dy?

Friday Fancies: Red-dy?





I'm linking up with {av} at {long distance loving} for Friday's Fancies! Woot!

This week she suggested we use red in our outfits and that I did! You see, red holds a special place in my heart. I went to Katy High School (woot!) and was an avid fan of our football team. We are the Katy Tigers and our colors are red and white. This outfit is an awesome adult version I could wear to the game, but still show my school pride. (Which is totally a requirement.)

Here's a little bit about my high school, because I just can't escape a chance to talk about them! It's the oldest school in the school district and was founded in 1898. In 1959, we won our first State Football Championship. Then, we hit a bit of a drought. Matter of fact, they were pretty darn bad when my Dad was there in the late 1970s. But, then in 1997 everything changed. In 1997 we won the state championship. And then we did again 2000. And 2003, 2007 and 2008. All very big moments for our school!

Now, you noticed I said "when my Dad was there." At Katy, it's a big deal that generations of families all graduate from the school. (Welcome to small town life!) During graduation they have all of the multigeneration graduates stand up. The year I graduated (2005) we had a 5th Generation graduate at the school. How crazy is that?!

A final cool thing, in 2003 when we won the State Championship Game, we were playing Southlake Carroll. At the time they were 31-0 since they had started playing in 5A. They were all set to repeat their state title win and send us home crying. We had other plans. And we won in the final seconds of the game. It was AMAZING. Now, since then, I can actually like them a little bit, since a couple of their players now play for the New Orleans Saints. It's kind of hard to hate your own!

Well, I'll drop off the football talk! Time for me to go on with my weekend! But, hopefully I can make one game this season!


3 comments:

Mo Pie, Please said...

Such a cute and playful look - have a great weekend!

Stephanie said...

Love all of the bows!

Marian said...

The accessories are PERFECT!!

 
site design by designer blogs