Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Yes, you read that right.

Cinnamon.

Roll.

Pancakes.

You guys know I love you, right? And you guys know I would never, ever lead you wrong? And you know I would never ever, ever lead you wrong ESPECIALLY if that something I was leading you on is food, right?

Well, just follow me on this one. Just follow me to a world of pure heaven!!



First, gather these ingredients!


PANCAKES:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
CINNAMON FILLING:
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
GLAZE:
4 Tablespoons butter
2 cups powdered sugar2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Ok, we're going to prepare the pancake batter. Grab those ingredients and get ready. Whisk together your flour, baking soda and salt. Then whisk in that milk, oil (I used veggie oil because I didn't have canola on hand.) and egg. Make sure it's well mixed but you don't need every clump out. Now, set that aside and let's make our cinnamon filling!

Woot! Cinnamon Filling! Double Woot! I love cinnamon rolls and this adds just a perfect touch! Start by melting the butter. Then mix in the brown sugar and the cinnamon. Put this into a zippy bag cut off the corner and set it aside. We're going to need this shortly, but really quick, let's make the glaze.

Now, the glaze. Melt that butter again. Then mix in your powdered sugar. (You can use less sugar. I just like sugar highs...a lot.) Once those were pretty well mixed, I added in the vanilla and the milk. Then I mixed it up pretty well and set that aside too. And grab a knife to set with it. Well, use it shortly.

Alrighty...here's what you're going to do. Take that pancake batter and pour it into your warmed up pan. Then, grab the bag of cinnamon filling and squeeze some into the pancake. Now, if you're lucky, you can make a pretty swirl. I wasn't so lucky...instead I just plopped some in a random pattern on the pancake.

Now, all of this makes for quite a messy pancake to flip, and you might need to rinse your spatula a couple of times while making these, but y'all, it is so worth it! It's worth every bit of work you put into them!

Now, once you've removed them from the pan. Grab some of that glaze with that nice and spread it on all nice like. Yep, just like that. 

And, to let you know, I found this delciousness via pinterest and all the info is here.

Now, eat some of those...really eat just one...you can't eat more than one, I promise. It's just too much fantastic-ness in one pancake to eat two or more. Just trust me on this. And, have something handy to drink, you're going to want it, I promise this too.

So, go now. Leave my blog, I'm begging you to. I just need you to make these, now. You'll love...well, ok then, bye!





1 comment:

Holly said...

YUM!!!! Looks awesome, I might have to try them out!!

 
site design by designer blogs