Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday's Fancies: Patriotic Pretty & Happy Hour

Patriotic Pretty




Today I'm linking up with Joelle at Where We Love Is Home for Happy Hour. I'm also linking up with {av} at {long distance loving} for Friday's Fancies.

Today I'm dreaming of drinking Bonefish Grill's Sour Apple Martini. (Which really tastes like a slice of apple pie in a glass. It's AMAZING!) Since the closest Bonefish Grill is an hour away, I'll settle for a glass of wine. Since I'm feeling like a treat, I think I'll open my bottle of Becker Vineyards Iconoclast Restoration that I absolutely LOVE and sip on that. It's going to be great!

I know that they (whoever they are) say you shouldn't wear red, white and blue because it's too much, but, I kind of like it. I only like it on the 4th of July, but I do like it. I feel so patriotic wearing it. Now, I don't like to become an eyesore, and I think this outfit balances out red white AND blue perfectly.

The white dress is the perfect canvas for the color to come. The red shoes and nailpolish add the perfect amount of color and the scarf adds just the right splash of blue to outfit. It's perfect. And, those earrings, they finish it off perfectly.

Fact of the matter is, I don't feel like I'm running around wrapped in an American Flag, but I do feel that the colors are perfect!

I'm very excited y'all. 4th of July Mr. B and I am having the family over. It's our first time hosting a family get together at our place! I've been dreaming of being married and being hostess for family stuff for so long and I can't believe I'm finally getting a chance to do it! So, look forward to hearing all about our 4th of July next week and be prepared for pictures galore!

Y'all have a great weekend! I have a lot to do today and I need to get to it!

4 comments:

Joelle said...

Such a pretty dress! And I don't think it's too much to wear red, white, and blue, especially on the fourth of July!

I hope that you have a fabulous holiday my dear, and thanks for linking up today!

xoxo,
Joelle

Zara said...

I actually think the outfit is perfect.
I am all for red white and blue at almost all times. I know people give me funny looks, but the combination is really great!

Bibi - Simple Summit said...

This outfit is absolutely perfect for the fourth of july. I may have to steal the idea myself ;-)I don't think it is too much at all, not for this great of a holiday it ain't (ok... how southern did this sound haha)
Have a wonderful blast hosting your first family get together at your house! I'm excited for you!
Bibi

Ivana said...

This is such a cute outfit! I don´t like the fashion diktats, so wear blue & white & red as you like it!!!

Have an amazing weekend!

xx Ivana
http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com

 
site design by designer blogs