Thursday, July 7, 2011

Friday Fancies: Family Fun

Friday Fancies: Family Fun





Today I'm linking up with {av} at {long distance loving} for a little blogging fun. Friday's Fancies!

This weekend my parents and grandparents are going to be in town and we're going to get to spend some time with them! I'm excited about that and my outfit this week is designed to match. I've specifically planned for a quick stop at home between the day activities and the night time activities.

Living in a city as cool as New Orleans, there are always cool things to do go do and see. And, living in New Orleans, that means that you must spend the time doing these things in the hot sun and humid air. So, I've planned for that! For the day, we're going to be wearing this wonderful dress, a little vest to give it some excitement and nothing too heavy! A little necklace and some sandals. Always sandals. (Except if you're going to be walking down Bourbon Street, then galoshes are the best option. You think I'm kidding, I'm not.)

This would easily go from lunch in the French Quarter, to NOMA (New Orleans Museum of Art) to a ride on the streetcar.

And, then after a fun filled day there would be time for a quick stop at home. I would take off the vest and trade it for a blazer, slip into some cute wedges. Take 2 seconds to switch to a cute little clutch. A chunky necklace is always great at night, so I'd slip that one and out the door we would go. It would take me 2 seconds literally. And, now, I'm ready for dinner at Vincents. One of my favorite places to eat. A little nicer, and extremely delicious!

Now, if we happened to stop at Cafe du Monde for some beneigts, this wouldn't work out so well, as the powder sugar would hopelessly ruin the outfit but, it's still great!

I hope y'all have a great weekend! I'm going to be enjoying my time with my family, showing them my city and hanging out! See you on Monday!

7 comments:

Zara said...

I am stealing this outfit. :-)
I love how the look completely changes depending on the accessories. I am a strong believer in this! <3

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Loving this coral dress with the navy blazer!!!
Have a lovely weekend with your family!! ;)

Stephanie said...

I love the night and day changes!!!

Nikell said...

I love these colors!!

Visiting from Friday's Fancies...have a fabulous weekend,
Nikell

Emily Marie said...

I love the coral color that you chose. This dress is super cute - and great for a fun city like New Orleans!

Cathy said...

Great dress! And I love that you styled it two ways.

Mo Pie, Please said...

I've been pretty obsessed with that Madewell dress for awhile. So pretty!

 
site design by designer blogs