Saturday, June 11, 2011

Small Snapshots: Sunflare

This challenge came up while I was on vacation too! I tried to get a picture with some sunflare in it, but I was also trying to get a once in a lifetime picture at the same time. My niece was going down the waterslide for her very first time and I needed to get the picture of her and her dad and the sunflare was secondary! So, without further ado, here's the picture I took this week!
Overall, this picture is ok. But, when I saw this challenge, I KNEW I was going to have to feature a photo from my archives. When Mr. B and I were on our honeymoon, we were in Washington DC. We were visiting the WWII Memorial and the opportunity arose for a photo with sunflare in it. I knew when I took the picture on my camera I would happy with it. And I really am. It is by far one of my most favorite photos from our entire honeymoon. So, here it is, I have it framed two different ways and I'm featuring both of them here.
I like the vertical orientation because the structure fits better.

But, I think the horizontal orientation fits the memorial as a whole better.
So, there are my sunflare photos. Thanks Carissa for hosting these. I look forward to posting this weeks photos on time! The theme is movement and I've already got a couple of photos I think will be featured!

3 comments:

texlilo said...

WOW I love your photos!

Bibi - Simple Summit said...

I absolutely love the bottom picture - great Sunflares! ... wow!

Carissa said...

Sun flare is such a neat way to show off a building's architecture! Great pictures!

 
site design by designer blogs