Thursday, June 30, 2011

Small Snapshots: Summer



Yes, 2 Small Snapshots photos in one day. It's a great day for photography here at It Takes 2!

And, of course, I'm linking up with Carissa again.

This prompt is actually the one before the Shadows prompt. This prompt has all new photos and that makes me happy! I took these pictures while I was doing some summery things. And, I pulled a couple of photos from very recent archives just because I like them! But, first, the two new photos.

Nothing says summer to me more than activities outside. (Although around here I don't do much outside in the summer during the day...it's just too hot!) But, still, there's the idea that summer means being outside. So, the first is a picture of the blueberry field I went to and picked blueberries at.



And, more than anything, what says summer to me is swimming. The summer between my junior and senior year of high school saw me at the pool nearly daily. We lived 4 houses from the neighborhood pool and I walked on there with my sister every day. We would only go home for lunch.

And...a confession...and you can't harass me about this whatever happens! We watched the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen film It Takes Two. Every. Day. It has such memorable lines as "Rough is a broken nail, darling what I'm having is a trainwreck." and "I'm Happy. Don't I look Happy? This is me happy! See. Happy, Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy!" We would wake up, eat breakfast, watch It Takes Two shower and be at the pool when it opened. (Oh, and I feel a need to clarify, the title of my blog did NOT come from a Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen film. In NO WAY was I thinking of this movie when I titled this blog. On the other hand, I will admit that the title of this song most assuredly came from the SONG It Takes Two. The Marvin Gaye song It Takes Two. So, there you go, you just learned a lot today about me. And my blog.)

So, without saying anything more, here's my next summer picture.


And, here's a swimming photo from the archives.



And, one final photo. Something so summer. So American. Baseball.


I hope you enjoyed these pictures too! And I hope everyones summers are going great!

Oh, and I just realized it was Thursday...I've been thinking was Friday. It made my day! I have so many things I want to get done and I'm glad to know I have another day to do those things! This might be the first time in my life this situation has made me happy...weird...


1 comment:

Carissa said...

I love the composition of the swimming goggles (?) picture! It looks like it should be in an ad or something! Summer to me is outdoors too. And baseball! Hello! Nothing beats a gorgeous summer day, beer in hand, and at a baseball game!

 
site design by designer blogs