Monday, May 16, 2011

Whataweekend

You may or may not know, I grew up in Texas. And, like any Texan knows, we have one of the best fast-food restaurants ever known to man, Whataburger. I LOVE Whataburger! The closest one to me unfortunately is an hour away! In Baton Rouge. BOO!!! But, anytime I'm in Baton Rouge, I always stop. And my order never changes. It hasn't changed in the past 5 years for sure...could be longer. I always order the Bacon Cheese Whataburger, No Lettuce, No Tomatoes, No Pickles. Mustard and Mayonnaise. With a Sweet Tea. It's utter perfection.

Ok, well all of that is to say that the inspiration for the title of this post is my most favorite fast-food restaurant. Whataburger. Whataweekend. Yeah, I think you get it.

Now, I'll just move on to other things you probably care about as little as the story I just told. But, since it's my blog, it's my prerogative, and my weekend is what you shall hear about!

Friday: I had quite a Friday. I finished painting the walls in the kitchen (yay!). I'm going to post pictures soon of the kitchen now that it has a fresh coat of paint. I can't believe what a difference it makes! I made dinner and we stayed home and watched the second half of JFK. I can say this, the first half of JFK is slow, but the second half is A LOT better. The court room scene is really good and really makes the movie.

Saturday: Ok, I don't know what's going on but the weather here has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL! And Saturday was no exception. So, Mr. B and I went out and enjoyed it! We decided to go to Angeli's on Decatur for lunch. On our way there we realized it was our six monthaversary and we had our after party at Angeli's the day we got married! So, that was a lot of fun. After that we went to City Park and I played with my camera. I took a ton of pictures like these:

The Peristyle.

A Fountain in the Park.
Dumb kid sitting in my picture...

This face is okay though!





This is probably my favorite picture from the day!
If you enlarge it, you might be able to the spiderweb between her hands.

Originally the fountain went through her mouth.
Now it is kind of pathetic coming out of PVC pipe...
But, the fountain still allowed beautiful pictures!



This is just a random lampost in the park...
And this is the only photo that has been edited.

After we left the park on Saturday we headed over to L&L's to hang out with them for the first time since Easter. It was a great time getting to see them and Parker! It had been too long since we had seen them!! So, we had a nice long hang out.

Sunday: Mr. B worked the control room at church and I went to the second service. But that was only after I learned that McDonald's breakfast ends at 10:30 on the weekends.  I was a little upset about that. I would have bet it ended at 11...yeah...I wasn't so happy. I ended up going to church on an empty stomach, and that's not fun. But, church was good. They played a new worship song at church on Sunday and I LOVED it. I am totally hoping they put it on the next worship CD. I found a version I like (almost) as much as the one we did on Sunday...new worship love!! It is TOTALLY speaking to my heart right now! Expect it to rule youtube for me for the next while!! (Come on Vineyard...need. worship. cd.)


It will rule with this song too:
Yeah, that one could totally make the worship CD too. And they would hear NO COMPLAINTS from me. (Hum...maybe I need to facebook friend the worship pastor and link him to this page...just to make sure he gets my vote!)

Sunday afternoon we also found our way to the Mississippi River to see what it looked like since it's so high and all. And half of the town was in Rivertown. I mean seriously...you couldn't find a place to park. I wish we would have been able to go see the Morganza Spillway open on Saturday but it just wasn't in our cards. (Boo!) So, after we left there we headed and got a snoball. Let me tell you, I got a Blackberry Stuffed Snoball. Oh. Em. Gee. Heaven. People, you must try it! I'm not going to ever have it another way. Ever. It was snoball love at first taste. Hum...maybe I'll make my way out there for one tomorrow...

We also went and spent a little while with Mr. B's Mawmaw. That was nice and we got to see Mr. B's Nanny. A very nice day indeed. We had quite a good time. It was really cute, when we were to Mawmaw's apartment, there were a couple of her friends sitting on their patio as we walked by. We, of course, said hello and as we were walking off we heard one of them say to the other that Mr. B was Mawmaw's teddybear. It's so cute how much his Mawmaw adores him!! I love her (and Mr. B!) to death!!

Sunday night we hit up a meeting at church where I surprised half the people in attendance by announcing that my name had changed to Betty. Yeah. I wish I could have gaged their reactions more! But, what I could see was awesome! Then, we headed over to the Smith's to have a Cupcake Extravaganza/Tasting. Yeah, that was fun! And then it was home and to bed!

If you couldn't tell we had a very busy weekend, but it was tons of fun! I can't wait to see what this next weekend has in store!!! It's going to be nice for sure! Now, I must go to bed...this is WAY to late to be blogging!!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs