Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wee Bit of Me Wednesdays




Yeah, since I had nothing else I could  possibly be doing right now, I decided to do a Wee Bit of Me Wednesday link up here. Enjoy.
 
{one}
do you watch the history channel? if so, what’s your favorite program?
There was a point in my life I would have answered this question with "daily." Now, no, I don't really watch it. If I happen to put it on, I'm probably watching Ice Road Truckers or Pawn Stars. But even those are usually via netflix instant queue.

{two}
what is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Hum...Curl up on the couch with my laptop and blog. But, I'm not sure that's really any different than any other day. I might also watch TV or a movie. But, that's just like any other day too.

{three}
what does your dream house look like?
My dream house is a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage ranch with a wrap around porch. On the porch is a swing and rocking chairs. There's a large yard and a kid's swing set. It has a red door.  There's a flower garden in front of the porch and a vegetable garden in the back yard. There's always a seasonal wreath on the door and a Christmas a large tree in at least one window. (Ok...not that I've ever really thought about this at all...)

{four}
what state were you born in?
"Hellbent, 100% Texan til I die."
~Kevin Fowler

{five}
 do you have a change jar? if so, what do you use it for when it gets full?
Generally, our change jar goes to the City of New Orleans via the parking meters. Mr. B works downtown and you have to pay for parking...or walk 20 minutes in NOLA heat and humidity. It's a true no win situation. Unless you're the city, then it's win-win-win. (That third win is when they issue a minimum $20 parking ticket. Yeah, those suck...not that we would know or anything.)

{six}
what’s the first website you look at when you get on the computer?
Blogger, Facebook, Twitter. I've set them all to come up first thing when I open up Chrome.

{seven}
what is your favorite breakfast?
Owen's Breakfast Burritos. Mr. B & I have an unhealthy relationship with these. We don't even waste time buying them at Wal-Mart. Owen's Breakfast Burritos alone justify our Sam's membership.

{eight}
what’s the most memorable trip you’ve ever taken?
Hum.  This is hard. I've taken many a good trips in my 24 years. So, I'll pick two. The most memorable one with Mr. B is probably the one we took in April. We drove from NOLA, to Houston, to San Antonio, to Austin, to Dallas, to Oklahoma City, to Tulsa, to St. Louis and back to NOLA. It was what we had dreamed of doing since before we got married. It was WONDERFUL!

The other trip I pick is one I took in 1996 with my Grandparents. They took us on a month long vacation from Texas traveling west, up the Pacific coast into Canada and back to Houston via Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, etc.  This trip stands out for the fact this is the trip we visited Yellowstone. I had been looking forward to seeing Old Faithful erupt and we just barely missed seeing it. Matter of fact, we saw it over the trees from the parking lot. Despite 3 weeks on the road, traveling some 2,000 miles at that point and another 1,000 or so to go, my Grandfather refused to wait until it erupted again. Yeah, I wasn't a happy camper about it. I still remember that part of the trip vividly.

I guess I also want to add the trip I took to Colorado for a friends wedding. I went by myself and had a whole vacation where I was the only one who's opinion mattered. Seriously. I slept until I wanted to get up. I saw the things I wanted to see and spent exactly as much time there as I wanted. I took detours when I wanted. I ate when I wanted, where I wanted. I went to Garden of the Gods daily for dinner which always included Fazoli's breadsticks. I loved watching a dear friend get married. I planned the whole thing. I picked where I stayed, I rented a car. I flew. I read books and didn't have to talk to someone. I loved the solitude. It was me, the trip, my thoughts, and God. It was awesome.

And that was probably way more info than you wanted to know...

{nine}
do you prefer your coffee black or with cream/milk/sugar?
I tell people I like my coffee as white and as sweet as I am. People always put enough milk/cream in but, the sugar amount varies. Usually though, they don't think I'm as sweet as I do!! Traditionally I fill a cup 2/3 the way full with coffee. Then I fill the remaining amount half way with creamer and the rest of the way with sugar. Yeah, my coffee is like 9 WWPP.  I don't drink much coffee anymore.

{ten}
have you ever done a professional photo shoot?
Yes. I had my high school photos professionally done. Mr. B & I also did a professional shoot for engagement photos in 2007 or 2008. I don't remember. But the photos I love the most were our engagement photos with did with our wedding photographer who is not a professional. I LOVE those photos. He did the best job getting photos of us being us. I treasure those.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That dream house sounds wonderful - and I love that you included a Christmas tree in it! And, all those trips sound awesome - I love that you went on a vacation by yourself. That's some self-confidence there!

 
site design by designer blogs