Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Fancies

Today I'm linking up again at {long distance loving} for Friday Fancies. Today she offered us a theme (yay!) of Winetasting. I figured if I was going to be winetasting, I was going to be in either Napa Valley or somewhere in France. And, so I wanted to dress accordingly. I'm thrilled with what I came up with. Maybe I could get the mister to let me buy it? Ok...I like to dream big...but anyways, here's what I'm wearing.




1) This is a FABULOUS dress I found at White House|Black Market. Isn't it just DIVINE!! I feel fabulous just looking at it! I can't wait to wear it while sipping a delicious glass of wine.

2) I LOVE Manolo Blahnik shoes. I hope one day to own just one pair. These nude Mary Jane's would be PERFECT. They would make the perfect statement with this outfit. It says oh, I'm so chic but it says it so subtlely. 

3) Gucci Sunnies. These have a modern cateye to them and I just ADORE them. I would feel like telling everyone "Yes, I'm so cool I wear cateye sunnies." Yes, they just keep the chic-ness going. Love. Need.

4) Gemma Aumlet necklace from Mignon Faget. Being from NOLA, I have to love this local jewelry designer and this piece is no exception. It's just funky enough to be a statement piece but not so funky to transition between outfits well. This piece is just light enough to not overwhelm the outfit but has enough volume to really  enhance the outfit!

5) Kelly Moore Classic bag in Cranberry Croc. She does designer camera bags that fit your dSLR camera, a couple spare lenses and yet, you can still carry your other purse essentials. And this adds just the right amount of pop to the outfit but isn't too much. Simplicity is the name of the game with my outfit today but this adds some interest. LOVE.

6) Finally, I just had to finish this outfit off with a hat. Again, so chic. I absolutely love it. It would be perfect.


So, there you go. There's my wine tasting outfit. It makes me want to go shopping and hit the road. One of the two Mr. B would totally go for (hitting the road.) the other he might try to convince me that we should pay the bills instead...So, I guess I'll just go take a nap so I can dream about this outfit...

Y'all have a great weekend!! 

1 comment:

{av} | {long distance loving} said...

Dreaming big = exactly what Friday's Fancies is all about :) I LOVE your outfit...and definitely think the hat is a perfect way to top it off! Pardon that pun haha. Hope you'll be joining in again tomorrow! xoxo {av}

 
site design by designer blogs