Monday, March 21, 2011

So 2000 and Late - Part 2

It's that time again. Time to reach back in my picture archives and bring something out to blog about. Not because I have nothing else to blog about, trust me, I have plenty of things to tell you all about. But, today I wanted to make sure I blogged about some things while they still existed in my memory. That really is a large part of what blogging is about, isn't it? So, today, we're going all the way back in time to December.  Yep so long ago.

Mr. B and I had only been married a few weeks and they came to see us but more to see West Monroe High School (my Grandaddy's alma mater) play in the 5A Football State Championship game. Sadly, West Monroe lost, but we still had fun! 

Mr. B & I at the game!

My ticket and program from the game.
(I'm openly admitting to how long this post has taken!)
If you look at the ticket it lists 1A/4A/5A Finals 1PM 4PM 7P. Three playoff games were played on December 11 and they were all included in the price of one ticket. Mr. B and Grandaddy thought it was a swell idea to spend the entire day at the game. And that they did. Yay for them. And lucky me - Mr. B had someone else to go do this with - it would have tortured me!

Mamaw & I at the West Monroe Game.
First, my Mamaw is so CUTE! I love her to death and enjoy spending time with her. It worked out well, while Mr. B and Grandaddy were at all the football games, Mamaw and I spent some girl time together! We went to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up my Christmas gift. (I got the shredder/slicer attachment for my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Yep, that baby's awesome!) We also went to the infamous Sucre. It was delicious, I had chocolates, Mamaw had a cupcake. We picked up some lunch and then went to the game. (We were interested in the West Monroe game.) We watched the game and kept each other company!!

The next day, we grabbed L&L and went to Celebration In The Oaks. This was my first time going in the 3 years I have lived in New Orleans. It was awesome seeing it and we had a great time. It was chilly but fun none-the-less. We saw the awesome miniature train and talked to the gentleman there for awhile. He told us so many interesting things about the trains, some about the care of the trains, some about the restoration after Hurricane Katrina. It was fascinating.

The miniture train 
After that is was off to walk around the park and see the lights. They were beautiful and it was fun to see all of the different things they did. I think the highlight of it all was the large tree that had lights around all of the branches. It was beautiful and a great picture spot!

L&L in front of the awesome tree!
And after some more walking we also found this beautiful poinsettia tree. It was beautiful and also another great chance to take some pictures!
Mr. B & I in front of the Poinsettia Tree.
Also note, gloves and scarves and jackets for all! It was chilly!
We went to dinner that night an Dot's Diner. And then we all went home - it was late and time for bed! During their trip we were also able to get the whole gang together and go out to Reginelli's for dinner. It was delicious like usual, and we also took the chance to get a picture of all of us together.
At Reginelli's.
(L to R) Grandaddy, Mamaw, Wendy, Win, Lee, Lindsay, Me & Mr. B
Before Mamaw and Grandaddy left town we went to lunch at Tiffin Inn. It was a nice way to end the trip and see each other one last time! It was so exciting to have our first house guests as a married couple. We've had a few since then but it will always be special that Mamaw and Grandaddy were the first!

1 comment:

Chilean B. said...

I think I was a little under the weather, which is why I am so heavily dressed for the Christmas in the Oaks...and I think I got a hot sausage po-boy and mashed potatoes (not pictured) at Dot's Diner...pretty tasty. It was wonderfully cold though. O cold, where have you gone?

 
site design by designer blogs