Monday, March 14, 2011

My Birthday

March 10th was my 24th birthday and I filled the week with celebrations. Really, birthdays are the only days we get to celebrate us. So, I like to have as much fun with it as I can.

Thursday, March 10th:
I woke up with the worst migraine I've experienced in quite awhile on my birthday...talk about something that sucks! I headed to work with the hopes of surviving the day, but that didn't happen. At 10:30am after just 2 hours of work, Mr. B picked me up and took me home. I climbed into bed and went to sleep. After a few hours, I finally felt good enough to get up, and I did. Then I decided it was time for my birthday present from Mr. B. He got me Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. I was THRILLED. I LOVE the movies and enjoy watching them. They are some of my "go to" movies. I love just having them on while I do other things. It was an AWESOME gift! Thanks, Lup!!

After that, I took a shower and got ready to go out for a little bit of Birthday Celebration. Mr. B and I were meeting L&L and my adorable niece, Parker at one of my most favorite places in the world - Sucre!  We enjoyed some FABULOUS desserts and a some good hang out!

The Birthday Girl!!

The Birthday Treat!!!
Lemon & Vanilla Cupcake
Lemon Curd Gelato
All VERY delicious!!

Mr. B laughing about something...

Lee & Parker

Lindsay & Parker

I'm soooo glad that L&L and Parker were able to come out for a little while on my birthday! It really made my day to get to see them! It had been awhile since we had seen them and it was good to catch up! (Plus, I love sharing an excuse to go to Sucre with people who I know appreciate it!!)

After a nice long visit, L&L needed to get Parker home and Mr. B and I had to go get something real for dinner! So, we said good-bye and headed our separate ways. Mr. B and I finished up the evening at PF Chang's eating our usual Kung Pao Chicken and Peking Dumplings pan fried. Mr. B also treated me to Fried Rice which made my evening!!

Then, it was home and to bed.

Saturday, March 12th:
Saturday was dinner with friends. John & Jennifer & Robin joined me for dinner and it was great to see these wonderful people!! I love them all to death and they are "regulars" to the birthday celebration. We headed out to Copeland's and couldn't eat there and ended up eating at Zea's. It was delicious - and I forgot my camera, so no pictures.  :*(   Boo!! It was a great time anyways and I am so glad that I got to spend the evening with them. They are some of my best friends and I always appreciate seeing them!! (And I'm excited to get to spend Robin's birthday with her next week! Yay!

Sunday, March 13th:
It's tradition with Mr. B's family to get together for cake, singing and a gift exchange. It's always fun and it's great to spend some time with the family. So, it was over to L&L's and Mr. B's mom and dad were there too! Mr. B surprised me with MORE Sucre for dessert - a king cake and we finished off the Mardi Gras season in style. And with a few more pictures!!

First step's first - hold Parker!

And make sure plenty of pictures are taken!!

And make sure you get a good picture of her beautiful face!!
My niece is the bestest!!

L to R: Me w/ Parker, Lindsay, Wendy (MIL), Win (FIL) & Lee
And enjoy some good hang out with the family!
Note: Mr. B's foot is in the bottom of the picture!

And an important part of hanging out - a nap!


And then it was time for a delicious piece of Sucre King Cake!!

Me & My (King) Cake!!

And then it's time for Uncle Gene to hang out with Parker!!
I LOVE the size difference of Mr. B to Parker!

And, finally, a neck pillow sized for Mr. B!
AKA: A Boppy. Who knew there were so many uses!

So, that's my Birthday week celebration! I had a great time and enjoyed spending so much time with the people who mean the most to me!! Now, it's time to settle into regular humdrum life again - but I'll always have the memories!















1 comment:

Mr. B said...

That wasn't a neck pillow?

 
site design by designer blogs