Saturday, February 5, 2011

Movie Review: Inside Job

Nominations:
Documentary - Feature

Definitions:
According to the Academy: An eligible documentary film is defined as a theatrically released nonfiction motion picture dealing creatively with cultural, artistic, historical, social, scientific, economic or other subjects. It may be photographed in actual occurrence, or may employ partial reenactment, stock footage, stills, animation, stop-motion or other techniques, as long as the emphasis is on fact and not on fiction.

Movie Review:
When I first heard from Mr. B that we were going to be seeing a movie, on the financial meltdown in 2008, I braced myself for a very liberal view of the situation that insulted Republicans and worshiped Democrats. I don't particularly care of things that are overly liberal or overly conservative as I find that facts, truth and what actually happened gets lost in political views. I was pleasantly surprised by Inside Job. When the documentary was over, it was pretty close to non-biased. I learned that the makers of this documentary believe that deregulation of the banks was a bad thing. I think that they gave a good explanation as to why, supported it well and were even-handed in their presentation. They looked at deregulation and talked about what they didn't like that Regan, Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43 and Obama did that they disagreed with. At the end of the documentary, I understood their view point and felt that I was free to make my own decision. I liked that about the documentary and am surprised that in an industry as Liberal as Hollywood can be that something like Inside Job received a nomination. I would give this documentary an A based on their even-handed presentation of facts to support their opinion. (And their lack of shock and awe to get me to see things "their way."

Documentary Review:
I guess a lot of my review of the documentary was explained in the review above. It was even-handed and focused on the facts. It was well done, well edited, well presented and well supported. It gets an A here too. I just really appreciate that the movie was so even-handed!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs