Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Movie Review: Exit Through the Gift Shop

Nominations:
Documentary

Definitions:
According to the Academy: "An eligible documentary film is defined as a theatrically released nonfiction motion picture dealing creatively with cultural, artistic, historical, social, scientific, economic or other subjects It may be photographed in actual occurrence, or may employ partial reenactment, stock footage, stills, animation, stop-motion or other techniques, as long as the emphasis is on fact and not on fiction."

Movie Review:
This documentary was very interesting and entertaining. The documentary follows a couple of different stories. At first, it is predominantly a documentary regarding street artists and secondly a documentary regarding the man, Thierry Guetta, who began work on the documentary. Thierry Guetta follows several different street artists and eventually gets to work with the biggest street artist of them all, Banksy. After working with Banksy, we see him set down his camera and become a street artist himself. I enjoyed the documentary Inside Job but, Exit Through the Gift Shop was just better. It evoked emotion and it was entertaining. It was great and I really enjoyed it. I would definitely give this documentary an A+. I just really enjoyed it!

Documentary Review:
This was a great documentary. The story was well told, the actual film was great. I felt the elusiveness of Banksy, I felt the frustrations of the street artists as Thierry Guetta ultimately commercialized their art. I don't know of anything I would have done that could have improved the documentary that was presented. It was awesome and I really enjoyed it. Let me tell you, this is available for instant stream on Netflix and I definitely suggest you go watch it. It's really enjoyable. I give this a grade of A+.

Up Next: Another Nap Year

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs