Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Love Old Couples!!!

Seriously! I know you think I'm joking but I really mean it! When I see an old couple who is still madly in love with each other after 40, 50, 60 years or more, it makes me giddy. It makes me want to stop them and ask them their secret to staying madly in love for so long. They are my heroes! I tell Mr. B every time I see a cute old couple that I want that to be us in 50 years and every day in between.

Last week Mr. B and I saw Country Strong and an old couple was sitting in front of us. I noticed them when we walked in because they were doing the one thing I can always remember old people telling me NOT to do when I am in the theater - they had their feet on the back of the chairs in front of them. I KNEW this was going to be a great old couple to have in front of us. And, let me tell you, they did NOT disappoint. Matter of fact, they FAR EXCEEDED expectations. I know. I have such high expectations of happy old couples, that might be hard to do. And boy, did they do fabulous.

They never stopped "breaking the rules." You could hear them talking throughout the movie. More than anything because they didn't realize how loud they were talking. (Great for me, I'm not sure they would have talked so much if they realized we could hear them!) I really appreciate their hearing loss. I felt like I was sitting behind a couple of teenagers and all of the hormones and stuff that goes with.

At some point during the movie, the old lady leans over to the old man and says - much more loudly than she realizes - "I dropped some popcorn in my bosom." (Really, she said bosom, in the theater, during the movie. It was classic by itself. and I would have had a great story if it all would have stopped right there at bosom.) But, the old man follows up, just as loudly, with "Let me get that out of there for you." As he starts diving in! No Joke! He was ready to have his hand in her bosom right there in the movie theater! It was AWESOME!!

No, this is better than awesome. The old blue hairs with hormones of teenagers is about the best movie theater experience I have ever had. I told Mr. B on the way out of the theater that we needed to be that old couple. How can you beat them? Don't we all want to be that in love with - that in like with - our spouses in 50 years? I know I do.

So, to that old couple, thanks for upping the ante. You inspire me to have the best marriage I can have!

<3 Mrs. B

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs