Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grateful For:

Alright, I'm going to admit it, I've been stuck in a rut. Emotionally, I feel pretty drained. I'm finding myself not a pleasant person to be around (especially for poor Mr. B...he's a SAINT to be putting up with me as wonderfully as he has been the past couple of weeks. And so, this post is for me more than anything else. Just to remind me how good life is! So, onto the gratefulness!!

~(one)~
Mr. B.  He is AWESOME!!! Like I said, a true SAINT!! He's been putting up with my crankiness and manages to keep on thinking I'm lovely.  Lovely. That's his word, and I LOVE it. Who doesn't love being called Lovely. I do, and that's just one of the many things that makes Mr. B wonderful!!!

~(two)~
Upgraded cable. I've lived with limited basic cable for so long it's not funny. It was nice to be able to legitimately say "nothing's on" but, it's also really nice to have a hundred channels, on demand options and a DVR full of shows and say "nothing's on." Oh, I am enjoying more cable channels!

~(three)~
Family. I've got an awesome family. Both my family and Mr. B's family's are awesome. I just got to spend time with my family and that was nice. And, we've been spending time with Mr. B's family a lot recently, and they're awesome. So, yep, I'm pretty grateful for these people who care about us SO much!!

~(four)~
Two Jobs. Yep, two. On September 1, 2010, Job A laid off half of our office. It really caught everyone off guard. Now, we were lucky as they gave us six months notice before our layoff date and I have my job with them until April 1. (Yep, great thing for April Fool's Day...the irony...) And I've been so blessed to have already found a replacement job. But I have been even further been blessed by the chance to work at both jobs at the same time. Mr. B & I are really enjoying the extra money!

~(five)~
Matching Dishes. Mr. B & I got dishes with matching serving pieces and all for wedding gifts. They are fabulous and we both really like them. And we both agree, it gives us a unique sense of pleasure/joy/happiness to open up the kitchen cupboards and see our wonderful matching plates. So yep, I'm thankful for the dishes and even more thankful for the people who showered us with the dishes!

~(six)~
Great friends. I saw a good friend a couple of weeks ago and talking to her just really made me feel good! She's a fabulous friend and I always look forward to seeing her. I told her that day, and it remains true now, even in my funky-est of moods, she's one of the few people I can always handle seeing. She just doesn't stress me out! R.A.M. - You are AWESOME!!!

~(seven)~
Quiet days at home. I love spending time at home not doing anything but enjoying my recliner, It Takes Two, and Mr. B. I really enjoyed this past weekend with my Grandparents, but what it really did was highlight how much I enjoy a quiet evening at home with Mr. B. I'm glad to have life back to normal!!

I could write more, much more. I could write about the details, but that would get to be a lot for everyone involved! Really, this has been a great exercise for me. Just reminding me to be happy where I am in life with what's going on. My funk is already starting to feel better!! So, here's to another wonderful night sleeping next to the man I love. Really, life doesn't get any better than this!



No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs