Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Wedding in November, A Baby Shower in December

Not all for me, of course!!! Like I said in an earlier post, I get to become an official aunt in February. (I know it is so stinkin' close!) And I am THRILLED!!!

This is going to be L&L's first baby and as many firsts as it is for them, it's also a lot of "firsts" for me, too!!

For instance, it's the first time I got  to help host a baby shower! And, I am so glad I got to help do this for Lindsay! She's like another sister to me and I'm so happy for her! It was quite an experience, this shower was. This was her "lady" friends shower, as she called it and it included a lot of her mom's teacher friends. In case you don't know, teachers are about the hardest people in the world to get to pay attention. And, what's funny is they all will tell you that too. And so, that was my job, to make them listen!! It was a challenge but I loved every minute of it!

I have to say, for me, the saddest part was not being able to help with the planning part. Because I was so busy wedding planning, Lindsay's other sister-in-law did all of the planning. She picked the games, the cake, all of that. And she did a FABULOUS job. But, I am sad that I was too busy to do any of the planning. (Actually, I did pick out the fabulous, cute invitations and the theme. But, I was so sad to stop there!) And, I am so glad that Rebekah was able to do the planning. And, really, it worked out perfectly. Rebekah doesn't like to do the in front of the crowd stuff, and I don't mind do it. So, we were able to balance out! But, I so sorely miss not being able to help with the planning more.

I give Rebekah many props for taking an idea from my head and making it look SOOO amazing!! I had no idea until I showed up what she had come up with and she did amazing!

So, here are a couple of pictures:



In the back: The fabulously, cute invitations I found!!
(They match the baby's room theme!)
And the amazing cake Rebekah had made!


The Proud Aunt-To-Be and the Proud Mommy-to-Be!


Me, Lindsay and Rebekah - planner extrodanaire!!
It was beautiful and I'm glad that we were able to do this shower for Lindsay. I can't be more excited for L&L than I am. I just don't think it's possible!

Oh, and the sad part of the day, when we realized we only have one more shower to do for our little group!! We knocked out a third of our possible showers in 3 months of 2010!! We had my bridal shower and Lindsay's baby shower. Showers completed previous to 2010 include Lindsay's wedding shower and Rebekah's wedding shower and baby shower. So, that leaves only my baby shower (when the time comes!) left for us to have! I have already let everyone know that Mr. B and I plan on holding off a while on that! We'll all have to savor it when it comes!

So, here's another chapter of life opening up!! Baby B, your Aunt Betty can't wait to meet you!!!

<3 Mrs. B/Aunt Betty

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs